WOW, just dug out my old Queen albums

by zagor 25 Replies latest jw friends

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

on the later albums a lot of the best songs were the single releases..eg innuendo, show must go on, who wants to live forever, radio gaga, the miracle, i want it all, too much love will kill you...but on the earlier albums some of the best songs were even better than the hits they released which were all pretty awesome in themselves...killer queen, bo rap, 7 seas of rye, save me, we will rock you.

eg....it's late....news of the world

in the lap of the gods....sheer heart attack

prophets song....a night at the opera

millionaires waltz....a day at the races

liar....queen 1

prime jive....the game

march of the black queen....queen 2

jealousy....jazz

the only disappointing album was hot space...but it still had a few good songs on it...

queen still rock..they were the first band i liked..killer queen did that for me...and i saw them wtih freddie on the live killers tour..awesome

• blondie
    blondie

I discovered Queen secretly when I was a JW. When I stopped attending I got all the CDs and I listen to one every day. I love those songs. Sadly Freddie died before I was going to "those kind" of concerts. I went to the Queen concert with Paul Rodgers....he's okay but doesn't have the same range as Freddie.

Blondie

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader

Great band and great music, I always liked

"I want it all and I want it NOW",

Hmm that must be the new theme song of the young kids in this generation.

abr

• confusedjw
    confusedjw

Rocking down with my best overbite!

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I was on the drill team in high school and we did a routine to a Queen song, I think it was "Don't Stop Me Now"? I should look it up. The routine was one of my favs because of that song. Wish I could still do it.

• Mastodon
    Mastodon

My favorite band of all time. I have everything they've ever recorded. I know all the words by heart.

• Steve4nLanguage
    Steve4nLanguage

Wow, memories. Yes, Queen was "my" band growing up in the 70's. During my teen years I obtained every US album and single they released (I preferred albums over 8-tracks and cassettes). If I had to pick out one favorite song, it would have to be one that only Queen fans would know, "It's Late" on the News of the World album.

Sadly, when preparing for baptism in 1984 I destroyed all my Queen albums, including the 'naked bicycle girls' poster that came with the Jazz album. What a idiot!

These days I've been replacing my collection with CD's. I even got the Live Killers album off eBay, and am in the process of translating the Japanese insert booklet into English.

Edit: Wow, what was I smoking? The Japanese insert that I'm translating was in Cheap Trick's Live At Budokan album. See what that demon rock music will do to ya?!

• Mastodon
    Mastodon

Ufff, 'It's Late' is one of the most awesome songs from their library.

• Mastodon
    Mastodon

At this very moment I'm listening to "Death on Two Legs" from a Night at the Opera. Another one for the hardocre fans.

• choosing life
    choosing life

I love Queen too. I remember once in field service Bohemien Rhapsody came on the radio and the elder driving twisted up his face and said, " What on earth is that?" and turned it off. I was enjoying it and had a good laugh at the elder quietly. He didn't even know who Queen was and if he did, I'm sure he would not have approved anyway.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit