Most controversial?

by joe_black 19 Replies latest jw friends

• joe_black
    joe_black

I know that most of what the WBTS says and does is viewed by many of us as hogwash, but what do you think was the most controversial thing that happened or was said by the Watchtower in 2006?...............I mean something so obviously off the wall or sinister that it would make even the most hardcore JW pause and say, "hey, what the f*ck?!!"

• Woodsman
    Woodsman

I don't stay abreast, (did I just say breast), of the literature. I believe the most controversial topic is blood. Many other religions are anti war,cult like about control, judgemental of each other, and believe these are the last days. But almost nobody else forbids blood transfusions.

• becca1
    becca1

Definitely the blood fraction issue. It simply does not make sense.

• J-ex-W
    J-ex-W

To me the most off the wall is what a visiting CO said this Sept.: "You won't see JW's going off to a four-year college...No, sir. They prefer to put their time toward kingdom interests." With a heavy accent of disdain for pursuit of higher learning. I had heard it hinted at, unofficially, before, but never spoken so brazenly as it was this particular time. It made my skin crawl.

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

biggest scandal of 06... the bethel elder being arrested for trying to have sex with a minor child.

i still wonder about his history because evidently he was moved around a lot.

• prophecor
    prophecor

The dismissal of several Bethelites who may've been viewed as a finacial risk. The ones who sued and were awarded financial compensation because of injuries they sustained there.

• compound complex
    compound complex

To avoid going to trial and before a jury, thereby setting a potentially damaging precedent:

$1.55 million cash settlement to family of Frances Coughlin, whose death in an automobile accident was due to the reckless driving of a Bethelite. Largest cash settlement to date.

CoCo

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

My most controversial was:
    The end of false religion is near!

The title was sufficient. But on the back cover is also:

How to identify true religion
    Practices Love
    :.........
    Trusts God's Word: Instead of teaching "tradition" and "commands
    of men as doctrines," true religion bases its doctrine on God's Word, the
    Bible (Matthew 15:6-9).....

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

It continues to be the Blood Issue, they can't find a way to cut it loose without getting sued for wrongful death. The next one is the child abuse issues that they can't shake off. Both are legal issues involving financial compensation that could cost millions and millions of dollars , also jail terms for some.

Blueblades

• blondie
    blondie

How did they ever get past the lawsuits from JW families who lost family members during 1967-1980 when organ transplants were a df'ing offense? Is it only that it was a much shorter period of time?

I wonder if the WTS will ever run out of viable GB candidates who claim to be anointed? How will they condition the rank and file to accept non-anointed members and explain why the GT has not started? Will they point to the female anointed as why the end has not come yet?

Blondie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit