Do you think Saddam really believed in God?

by Confession 22 Replies latest social current

• MinisterAmos
    MinisterAmos
    Amos, you're a nut.

Yeah Saddam only killed a few thousand Iraqis in his civil war, while Lincoln presided over the deaths of three MILLION US citizens in our civil war. I'm sure they could match atrocity for atrocity and murder for murder. So Saddam is the bad guy? It amazes me just how blind most people are to just how brainwashed they are. Of course 150 Million US residents have IQs of 100 or below so that kind of explains things.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

"There is an old saying

You will never find an atheist in a foxhole or prison

A quote from my friend in prison"

Common saying. Absolute horseshit, imo.

• onlycurious
    onlycurious

The man was delirious in the worst of ways. It's 'god' with a lower-case 'g'. Saddam was not a reflection of God in any way. Sorry, but God's character doesn't relish in killing the innocent, literally destroying people's lives and oppressing people. I could go on but I just get upset about his sick mind. I am glad justice was served. I personally believe in an afterlife and I am certain he has figured things out by now.

• onlycurious
    onlycurious

Oh, many of us can have 'lip service' faith. The real issues come down to the heart. We can look at someone's actions and know a lot about what is going on in the inside.

Sure, there are people who wear really good masks and hide behind them. Ultimately, we all mess up. Christian or not. We ALL blow it. But mass murder like Hitler and Saddam? Come on!!! There was a SERIOUS problem here and I would never lump either of these men in with godly people....regarless of what faith. It's beyond sick.

"Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than going to McDonald's makes you a hamburger."

• onlycurious
    onlycurious

Amos,

My IQ is 152 and I'm not brainwashed. I guess I am one of the minority according to your stats.

• Confession
    Confession

Amos,

My IQ is 152 and I'm not brainwashed. I guess I am one of the minority according to your stats.

LOL! I had to look through some old files to find the IQ test I took 4 or 5 years ago. Found it! Can you believe it, only? I also came in at 152. Of course I don't think IQ has anything to do with the potential for brainwashing, and I would love to hear someone make a legitimate, intelligently developed, evidence-inclusive case that Abraham LIncoln was as evil a man as Saddam Hussein.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

If the demons believe and shudder, why not Saddam?

• heathen
    heathen

I'd have to say that James K Polk was as evil with his manifest destiny stuff . I think that's who it was anyway. I think sadam tried that with annexing Kuwait , Abraham Lincoln did show he was pretty evil tho deciding it was better to kill millions than let thousands suffer , but we all know it was the succeeding from the union that kicked off the civil war.

• New Worldly Translation
    New Worldly Translation
    Sorry, but God's character doesn't relish in killing the innocent, literally destroying people's lives and oppressing people.

I suggest you re-read the old testament.

In regards to Saddam I think the term secular has to be taken in context. Saddam didn't run Iraq as a theocracy and the government was non-fundamentalist but although secular compared to the region it was still Islamic in tone. Most commentators described Saddam as a religious muslim though less than orthodox, although he often became more openly devout when it suited him politically.
    I have little doubt that his more openly Islamic views since 2003 were a calculated move. His statements on the way to the gallows were done to ingratiate himself to the religious uprisers and portray himself as a muslim martyr.

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1
    Yeah Saddam only killed a few thousand Iraqis in his civil war, while Lincoln presided over the deaths of three MILLION US citizens in our civil war.

You are almost saying that Lincoln caused the US Civil War. So slavery and States breaking away from the Union had nothing to do with it. No US president in history acted more quickly to heal a broken nation than Lincoln did. Lincoln did not force anybody to submit to his rule like Saddam did. Many in the North wanted the South punished severely after reunification, but Lincoln would not have it. That is why Lincoln is a legend and Saddam is a criminal.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit