My suicide attempt yesterday...

by Gregor 50 Replies latest jw friends

• mouthy
    mouthy

Now you were nearly responsible for me "kicking the bucket " You little monkey!!!! I nearly had a heart attack. I have had many kill themselves in my life time.1 JWS -2 exjws -3 neighbours, 4 friends. Even one on this board.
    So go to your room & dont come out till you say your sorry......
    Granny

• Gregor
    Gregor

Alpheta has obviously been into the screwcap wine that comes in gallon jugs. Alpheta - Kiss my --- you dunce!

• Gregor
    Gregor

OK, Mouthy. Can I come out of my room now? I think if you read my posts on this thread that you should see that instead of taking suicide lightly I take it more seriously than some of the sob sisters on here. Maybe there would be less of it if more people ridiculed it for the cruel, cowardly, self centered, ego trip of self murder that it is. Instead, it is encouraged by all the "poor baby" boo hoo that pours forth when someone gives up and quits. Life is a gift, if it means no more than that to someone that is their decision. Like many, the idea of it has crossed my mind when life seemed to be more pain that pleasure, but if one considers the pain and hurt it brings to others, it is the ultimate act of selfishness.

• codeblue
    codeblue

I don't find any title about a suicide attempt "funny"...

• Abandoned
    Abandoned
    Maybe there would be less of it if more people ridiculed it for the cruel, cowardly, self centered, ego trip of self murder that it is.

WOW! You have absolutely no insight into the mind of someone suffering from depression do you?

• Gregor
    Gregor

WOW! You have absolutely no insight into the mind of someone suffering from depression do you?

You have no idea how wrong you are. About me and the subject of suicide.

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

You have no idea how wrong you are. About me and the subject of suicide.

I don't think so. Suicide can be a choice made by a rational person but most of the time it isn't. You say that I'm wrong about you understanding suicide and you make it all about the survivors by talking about how selfish the person is. How much pain should the depressed person endure so that they aren't being selfish to you? How much pain do you require they endure?

You can have whatever opinion you want, but your own words belie that you do not have an understanding of the illness, depression.

• Abandoned
    Abandoned
    They fail whenever they are in a position to show love instead of judgement.

You just posted the above in a thread regarding someone being mistreated by some judgmental jw. Is your view that someone who is suffering, to a degree that at best you can only guess the severity, is selfish seem to be a demonstration of love toward the sufferer or judgment?

• mouthy
    mouthy

it is the ultimate act of selfishness.

Yes you can come out of the room now. I am dealing with a very depressed "on line"lady of 45 yrs old .Her hubby killed himself 7 years ago...She is SO depressed I am afraid for her. She lives in New York.So I cant visit her. I have never met her but we have been on line together for about 5 years. She had a nervous breakdown & her cousin went into her apartment while she was in the Hospital & got rid of her computer, her hubbys ashes, & much more- He thought that was driving her mad -So now she only phones me....BUT> I just finished telling her your above quote ...Yes It leaves those that are "left behind" in an awful state. SO if any are thinking on these things.... Show love to those who would be left & forget it, Yes I have thought about killing myself too many times- But We are in a spiritual war so lets step up to the front line & try to avoid those thoughts. ((((HUG))) Sorry to ramble

• Gregor
    Gregor

Abandoned - First of all, this topic has swerved into a discussion of suicide but the original point I was trying to make through satire was about the entertaiment culture in this society. People who are the absolute epitome of failure as human beings, drug addicts, debauchers, lowlifes, wife beaters, you name it, are venerated as heroes and made into icons if they can entertain people and make a lot of money.

Frankly, your replies come across like a defense of suicide as an understandable solution to some peoples misery. Of course I feel empathy for people who are in dire emotional pain! But I feel that considering suicide should be DISCOURAGED by all means, including the use of strong words to condemn it. Call it 'tough love'. After all, it's too late to do anything to help AFTER the act. People who are at the end of their rope need encouragement to keep struggling, not told it's understandable if they choose to kill themselves. I respect your viewpoint, it is quite common. I just don't think it is of help.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit