Watchtower condones murder - but make sure you disfellowship for smoking!

by AK - Jeff 39 Replies latest jw friends

• restrangled
    restrangled

I live in Florida, I would love to take this to the Attorney General's office for the Hexx of it.

I don't care how old this is, if there were murders committed in this state they need to be exposed.

It could have been someone's child, someone's wife or husband, or maybe a brother, sister, mother, father, ......the list goes on.

I think I might do it even at this late date.

r.

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

holy coverup batman!

• Euphemism
    Euphemism
    AK - Jeff wrote:
    So, Euphemism, certain murders should just be 'allowed' if they are 'gang related' and such. That is flat out bullshit!

Tell that to the Mother's and Father's and Brothers and Sisters of the person who was murdered. Give me a flippin' break.

Should they be 'allowed' by the police or the courts? Of course not. But law is not always the same as justice.

I've personally known people who committed crimes--albeit not murder--as kids because of their involvement in gangs. If a person is truly no longer a danger to society, what benefit is there to anyone--even the relatives of their victims--from locking them up?

Our legal system is not equipped to make such judgments about people, and so the law must prosecute all cases equally. But personally, if I had knowledge that a person who was now an upstanding citizen had committed crimes in the past, I would not decide lightly to turn them in.

• searching4truth
    searching4truth

Don't worry according to todays Watchtower you can get away with smoking also, but only a couple of times if no one finds out. So see they really aren't that hypocrytical you can get away with a couple of murders and a couple of cigaretes.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff
    If a person is truly no longer a danger to society, what benefit is there to anyone--even the relatives of their victims--from locking them up?

And YOU feel competent to make that call? Hopefully the next person they kill is your kid and not mine.

Jeff

• Honesty
    Honesty
    Is there ANYWAY that I can prove the society did infact send this? This may be an eye opener for my family but I know one argument they would use...the would say that this is NOT from the Watchtower, that the "apostates" created this just to turn people away. If I could have proof they did in fact send this on hand...this could be the ticket. FreedomFrog

Call New York Bethel and ask for DESK SCH or DESK SSK.

• Euphemism
    Euphemism
    AK - Jeff wrote:
    And YOU feel competent to make that call?

It would depend on the person and how well I knew them. I certainly wouldn't feel comfortable making a call like that from a desk in Brooklyn, a thousand miles away.

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

I really didn't think much could stun me about the WTS anymore, yet, I had to read the letter several times before it sunk in as to what they were saying. This letter seems legit. Granted, I'm not sure of the context and would love to see the initial inqury to the service desk. However, I really can't imagine ANY context that would generate such a stupid response.

The guy killed multiple folks and committed other crimes and the reason he can't be used in the congregation is because he's a fugitive??? What?

I'm not sure of the legal ramifications or whether clergy are allowed to report such crimes without violating privilege, but there certainly moral ramifications of allowing such a person to run free in the congregation without at least warning members as to what the issues are. I'm sure that's the point Slientlambs is making and its a good one.

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader

I read this yesterday and used it with my daughter and several others today and it is unbelievable but it is what we should expect when Jesus tells us about false teachers and those who follow them in Matt 23

Blind guides! You strain your water so you won’t accidentally swallow a gnat, but you swallow a camel

Anybody who has been associated with the witnesses for any amount of time knows this to be true, a real shame and more reproach on God and Christ.

abr

• zensim
    zensim

The letter is 14 years old and I don't necessarily expect that the wts holds that legal position anymore. Clergy privileges generally have grown narrower and narrower.

Not sure about crimes such as murder (and I guess I should find out) but as a therapist it is complete law that I must report any knowledge of suspected child abuse (same goes for teachers, doctors etc and doctors used to have similar client privileges as clergy). However, that hasn't always been so in the not so distant past.

Do we have a lawyer in the house? Because as far as I understand the law has grown and changed and as a result so have the churches etc had to change. The way the law works though is that it can't make a ruling until situations, exactly as the one in the letter, are brought to the court. But once the precedent is set then it works backwards and then the church/org/persons in authority have to change in accordance.

Of course, I think what most people here are reacting to is the ethics and morality and hypocritical attitude of the whole jw culture - but I bet my arse the wts is up-to-date on whatever the legal requirements are these days. Funny - took me so long to realise that the wts actually do fear men more than Jehovah!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit