Watchtower condones murder - but make sure you disfellowship for smoking!

by AK - Jeff 39 Replies latest jw friends

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

I unintentionally hijacked The Wanderer's thread regarding a witness mindset - so I post this here to leave his thread on topic.

http://www.silentlambs.org/education/92_murder_letter.cfm

I know that this in not news to most here - but to some newer 'faders' or 'lurkers' it might be.

Jeff

• Justahuman24
    Justahuman24

WOW!!!

I just read the other thread that talked about this. It's unbelievable. I mean, I know talks with a religious leader is supposed to be confidential but if he's a fugitive and if he really has become a "true Christian" to the point of getting baptized, he should hand himself in to the authorities. And it's just wrong on part of the Society to ask the elders to keep it hush hush. I mean, what if he kills someone else in the congregation?

*sigh*

justahuman - but super nonetheless

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

The sickness of a legalistic mindset is evident isn't it?

I am not so sure that legal repercussions could not fall on the organization for such a postition - they should - but then so should they for the same cover-ups regarding child rapists within.

Jeff

Would this not put the elders in the position of being an accomplice after the fact?

They do not want to cause undue hardship on him or his wife. Does she not have the right to know she is living with a murderer? But hell, lets not put her in spritual danger by living with someone that may smoke!

• rebel8
    rebel8

Oh.

My.

God.

It just keeps getting worse and worse.

• nelly136
    nelly136

wonder if this was ever passed on to the proper authorities and investigated?

there is a reference on the letter so surely its traceable back to the borg department it originated and where it was sent to.

• Outaservice
    Outaservice

Forget Pedophiles, but if they have a Christmas Wreath on their door, nail them!

Your brothers,

Watchtower, Bible, & Tract Society

• dedpoet
    dedpoet

If I hadn't been a jw myself, and saw this, I'd be inclined to think of it as a spoof letter.

To say in a few lines of the same letter that if he chooses to conceal his murderous past, that's ok with the wts, but a rumour that he's been smoking since baptism is an "offence" that must be thoroughly investigated and potentially punished is just incredible.

Maybe someone should pass this letter on to the police, as the wts obviously isn't going to do anything about his past crimes.

• GoingGoingGone
    GoingGoingGone

This makes me sick to my stomach.

If he turns himself in and is convicted of murder, though, the WTS will wash their hands of him so fast it'll make his head spin. These people are not concerned with right or wrong... they are concerned with appearances.

I know of a case where a man was mentally ill, and he and his wife asked the elders for help over and over again. He was on meds, he was a mess, and one day he called 911 and said he was going to kill someone and to send help fast. They were too late, he killed the first person who walked thru his door - his young daughter.

For a while it was unclear whether or not he was fit to stand trial. He was declared fit, and then he was DF'd. His wife and remaining kids supported him through it all, the trial and everything. They knew how long he had been sick.... but so did the elders. He was sentanced to life in prision without parole. While he absolutely needs to be in prision or a mental institution, he wasn't DF'd for what he did, really. He was DF'd to distance him (during a very public trial) from the WTS..... as the letter AK-Jeff posted so clearly shows.

GGG

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

Has the police in whatever town this came from investigated it? I would think if there is a murder confession, there would be a family who would want closure.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit