Another Watchtower Mindset?

by The wanderer 17 Replies latest jw friends

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

Wow, not that I can't believe the above Watchtower letter, but is there a way to make sure it isn't fake?

• done4good
    done4good

Jeff, that letter is unbelieveable! I'm keeping that one.

j

• stevenyc
    stevenyc

Wonderer,

Well, what did you expect to happen when you tried to remove the soft padding from their cell. Smacking your head against a brick wall of logic really hurts. And then there's all that investment. They bought the cell space, and the padding is the 'self assembly required' kind.

I know, it took me a few years of bloody noses and bruises before I stopped and just walking out the open door.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Does anyone have any similar experiences to this type
    of contradicting doublethink mentality?

Respectfully,

Thinking about your subject, Wanderer. I think the contradicting doublethink mentality is just part of the human condition observable to anyone who comes out of the trance long enough to stop and smell the coffee. I think it exist throught life and is not exclusive to the Jws.

It's called hypocracy, the do as I say not as I due syndrome. And is evidence of the ying and the yang that exist in all of us.

• Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit
    Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit

Yes. When I sent my elder/dad the UN web link that explained what they did, he called the service desk. He now believes what they told him: that they needed to use the library during that time period, but now they realize that there is so much information available through other sources including the internet, that the UN 'library card' is unnecessary. (Conveniently resigned as an NGO just days after they were outed publicly.)

Then he said, "Where'd you learn all about this, the Internet?" gag.

Then I asked him if he'd prostitute himself in the interest of information gathering, then he could be a WTS 'reporter' too.

When asked why they were willing to sign to acceptance and support of the UN precepts, he said that they didn't. When he read for himself the steps for becoming an NGO, he said that the UN website was a ploy of satan and that I was only affected by this because I wasn't going to meetings AND (dig this, it's insane) that when the UN info came out years ago I was stronger and so it didn't affect me then. I reminded him that he said I was the first to tell him about it (just 2 months ago); Did he not remember writing in an email that he had never heard of such a thing and therefore called WTS?

• Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit
    Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit

Oh and my long time favorite (even while young and in the Borg):

Limiting the use of Jesus Christ's words that 'stumbling one of these little ones' is a terrible sin, better for that person to have a millstone hung around his neck and be pitched into the sea. . .

so that they can quote the proverb, 'the taking of offense rests with the stupid ones', therefore allowing them to do and say whatever they want, no matter how stumbling, hurtful and rude; because if you're offended, you're stupid. It says so.

I hate them.

• wheres caleb?
    wheres caleb?

Oh and my long time favorite (even while young and in the Borg):

Limiting the use of Jesus Christ's words that 'stumbling one of these little ones' is a terrible sin, better for that person to have a millstone hung around his neck and be pitched into the sea. . .

so that they can quote the proverb, 'the taking of offense rests with the stupid ones', therefore allowing them to do and say whatever they want, no matter how stumbling, hurtful and rude; because if you're offended, you're stupid. It says so.

Thanks Pioneer Spit,

That was a valid reminder of their mindset. The projections that they recklessly make toward others and the excuses that they make about themselves proves one thing for sure. They are nothing but a bunch of men worshippers.

I can't stand them either; they make me physically ill.

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader

First time I ever read the letter and I just shake my head, people who are still in need to really ask themselves with the massive amount of evidence piling up, what am I doing in the org. Seek God people and wake up. By their fruits you will know them. Can you imagine the apostles and Jesus being a part of this or blessing this?

abr

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit