What is the real reason witnesses ceased phongraghs and radio broadcasts?

by Tyrone van leyen 36 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

Here in Canada, we can thank JWs for the existence of the CBC (Canadian Broadcasting Corporation).

Seems a strange reaon to be thankful. I can still remember Wayne and Shuster...

• Tyrone van leyen
    Tyrone van leyen

How true. The littlest hobo, the beach combers, and the pig and whistle used to kill me. lol

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

I can't remember where I read it, but I did I'm sure. The testimony cards were used by colporteurs because they were to carry the message of the faithful slave. They didn't speak it themselves, they delivered his message. That would be old Judge Rutherford. Then I thought I'd read it was for that reason also that they were using the phonograph with Joe's voice too, to bring the message from slave himself. Could be wrong, but I used to have them all and remember reading something like this. Can't verify, sorry.

W.Once

• jgnat
    jgnat

That Rutherford. A man in love with his own voice.

• Terry
    Terry

The door to door work is a sham.

The central activity of the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society is not spreading their so-called "messege".

The door to door activity is feckless in producing converts. In fact, it is an immense failure of mammoth proportions!

But, it is a diversion. It is a dodge to keep the rank and file busy. The "work" of preaching is phoney pursuit designed to give the impression to the world at large that the religion is about evangelism. It is not about evangelism.

The Watchtower Bible and Tract Society is about real estate holdings, investments of monies and high octane movement of currencies laundered by the guise of religious activity.

It is like the Roach Motel. The money checks in, but, in never checks out!!

They don't pay their workers enough to keep a hobo alive. There is no retirement plan, no 401 K, no charities like hospitals or trauma centers or battered women's shelters for the money to be spent on. JW's don't build schools or colleges and don't even plough back money into the local community with social activity centers or reading programs for the illiterate! They are totally uncharitable and anti-social. Therefore the money that comes in from their publishing exploits and free distribution networks of gullible grunts at the local Kingdom Halls, is money that cannot be accounted for.

Guess what? They are a religion; they DON'T HAVE TO ACCOUNT FOR A PENNY OF IT!!

The Watchtower Society doesn't use public airwaves, broadcasting media, podcasts, Television, DVDs or any contemporary technology proven to be effective. Do you know why? THEY DON'T WANT THE MESSEGE UNDERSTOOD!!

That's what I said.

Ask 10 people you meet to tell you what they think Jehovah's Witnesses believe ...then, be ready for a big shock!!

They just don't know!!

That's right. The average John Q. Citizen can only tell you in vague terms what Jehovah's Witnesses DON'T DO or DON'T BELIEVE. They cannot begin to tell you what they DO believe!

Mind you, this is after a veritible blitz of propaganda for over 100 years taken to the very doors of community after community, public talks in local Kingdom Halls and International Assemblies with considerable media coverage.

Does this strike you as peculiar, strange and suspicious?

Well it is on purpose!

The preaching work is a sham and the religion is about money; hidden money; big money.

The magazine articles are a front.

Communism pretended to be about the welfare of the worker and the plight of the underprivileged. It wasn't. That was just window dressing to get the disaffected to become true believers and overturn the power structures for a takeover of the real power behind Communism: fascist dictators!

The Watchtower is little different.

Wake up, people. Shine a little light on what this religion is really about.

Look at the facts and follow the money.

Mainstream religion has to do something PUBLICLY with the money they raise like pay for air-time, pay for orphanages in Africa, pay for a new transmitter, pay for a new steeple or glass cathedral or theme park. Mainstream religion wears its charity on its sleeve.

But, Jehovah's Witnesses present a public face deceptively out of touch with the real power brokers in Brooklyn that serves to deflect these questions about "where does the money go?"

Think about it.

Think hard.

The messege doesn't matter.

• Tyrone van leyen
    Tyrone van leyen

I love your clarity Terry. It's very funny. You strip all the layers of outer garments off until the subject is standing naked. This gives an accussed person back their dignity and lightens the heart.

• Terry
    Terry
    I love your clarity Terry. It's very funny. You strip all the layers of outer garments off until the subject is standing naked. This gives an accussed person back their dignity and lightens the heart.

Thanks for the kind words.

A lesson I learned very late in life. The context determines the truth of something. Liars are remarkably adept at switching contexts out from under their arguments.

Liars dwell and nitpick on details and ignore the large picture. Anything can sound true or seem true in detail. But, step back and look at the context and strip away the adjectives and conditionals and what do you have? You have the naked truth unadorned.

Jehovah's Witnesses don't realize they are in a closed off enviornment like a greenhouse being forcefed a sense of reality which is at odds with everyday life. No intrusions are permitted for a very good reason; the trance would be disrupted like unplugging from the Matrix and discovering everything you thought was real was false!

• heathen
    heathen

today they are now using the web so don't really need to use radio or tv. They don't play well with the mainstreamers so probly wouldn't get much attention anyway . They do trash government and every aspect of the world outside the org. I think it would be interesting if they did get on air again and see what happened tho.LOL If Jim Jones could get a following then who knows............

• james_woods
    james_woods

The reasons given here mostly seem pretty solid to me - especially the part about the storm of protest that those firebrand speeches on the radio used to cause. I believe that part of the issue may have been the governmental regulation of the airspace, and that printed material had the dual benefit of being "sales for a price" (rather than free), and that print media is practically unregulated in this country on a constitutional basis.

Remember the "sound cars"? Old Fords with big loudspeakers they could pull up in front of a church and blast away at the parishioners as they came out the door. I think this pretty much died in the 1930s here in the US, but I was amazed to see this still going on in Mexico as late as the 1970s. I don't know if it was official policy or not, but I saw this happen with my own eyes while I was working in the oil field for Pemex back in 1973.

There was also a slight flirtation with bringing back radio programs (and even TV) back in the 1960s. I remember having to go around to the local AM stations and try to get them to voluntarily play the WT tapes about 1968. There was also a made-for-TV promotional video that was sent around the local stations trying to find a venue. A disk-jockey guy I knew (outside the WTS) from my electronics business told me (off the record) that the quality of the audio & video tapes were so amatuerishly low, and the message so obviously self-serving, that no serious programming manager would agree to play them.

I wonder if we are not seeing another major transformation of the message now in the new century? That is, abandonment of most printed material in favor of the DVD or web media?

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

The door to door work is a sham.

The door to door activity is feckless in producing converts. In fact, it is an immense failure of mammoth proportions!

But, it is a diversion. It is a dodge to keep the rank and file busy. The "work" of preaching is phoney pursuit designed to give the impression to the world at large that the religion is about evangelism. It is not about evangelism.

The Watchtower Bible and Tract Society is about real estate holdings, investments of monies and high octane movement of currencies laundered by the guise of religious activity.

I disagree, sort of.
    The door-to-door activity, until going total "donation," was about profits. Profits included converts joining the free labor force.
    They still expand the free labor force in developing countries, and are making profits there. Their method is not really
    successful in many lands such as the U.S. now, but they don't lose money yet, so they still do the sales work.

They did have to cut back on expenses in order to make profits in the U.S. They were burdened by the laws that say they cannot
    name a price for the literature, and the JW's contributions are down- even though they tell them to contribute for the literature before
    they place it in their bag. This shows that they have a fiscal problem (or a control problem- must control minds better).
    They do continue to use the free labor force because it is a diversion to keep the literature salespeople busy. Also, it keeps
    them going to the sales seminars (assemblies and conventions) which are still profitable. If the total sum is still profitable,
    you gotta keep the salespeople busy. They will not go to sales seminars if they are no longer selling. Their minds would
    be able to start thinking for themselves, and they might leave the organization. If they thought that radio broadcasts brought in
    more money than the door-to-door selling did, they would bring it back.

The rest, I wholeheartedly agree with.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit