What is the real reason witnesses ceased phongraghs and radio broadcasts?

by Tyrone van leyen 36 Replies latest watchtower bible

• heathen
    heathen

I don't think they will abandon the printing stuff , of course if they did do away with the evidence of their uninspired crap, would do them some good . I notice nobody even calls them in on the bible round table discussions either. It does look like it would be alot cheaper just to use some media players on their site or some pod casts than to use radio or tv.

• garybuss
    garybuss

The printed reasons for the door to door work were both admitted in print to be wrong. The reason to go door to door was to "vindicate" Jehovah's name, and #2, the reason to go door to door was to separate the sheep from the goats.

Witnesses state they do not go door to door looking for converts and in that respect, I'd say the work achieves it's goal very well. The Witnesses state they are not there to make money and I'd also say that strategy is also working well.

The door to door work was started to advertise the King and his Kingdom. It was an advertising gimmick. The king was Rutherford and the kingdom was the Watch Tower Publishing Corporation. It's still an advertising gimmick. Now the cash comes from the six million committed customer base.

• one
    one

there were more than one reason

1- rutherford was a lawyer...

2- rutherford died

3- the next president was a business person (or wanabe)

4- wt religion is like a MLM, (multilevel marketing), the navie members receive untangible "benefits", or damages perceived as benefits

6- MLM typically do not do advertising over the media, radio tv etc, it is too expensive and it does not work or produce desired results.

7- desired results were/are get more free workers that would contribute economically, at least to "keep the corporation functioning".

8- the next president found that contributions were good for other things other than just keep the preaching work based in a chronology he expresed doubt about.

9- the next president was smart eunough to take adavantage of all of the above.

10- up until the late 70's I am sure prewritten radio program were available to be "read" by approved elders over radio station that provided free air time.

11- I know for a fact that the WT did not authorize any member to participate in radio or tv programs not using a prewritten speech by the WT.

12- Even CO, DO, branch elders etc, were told to stop doing it.

13- WT is afraid of any young and bright jw to become a media star, you can imagine why. Even content of local kh talks are tightly controlled.

• heathen
    heathen

Then they must lie about that as well because I remember reading that at first the D2D work was started to find the remaining ones of the 144k then I think they went to vindicating jehovahs name and then to vindicating his sovereignty and finding the great crowd . ehh something like that .

• Dismembered
    Dismembered
    What is the real reason witnesses ceased phongraghs and radio broadcasts?"

Nobody Cared

Dismembered

• Flash
    Flash

The World Wide Congregation is, and has been, run by small thinking fundelmentalist's. Progress in spreading the word and will of God around the Globe is not a real priority with them. They ignore the example of Philip an the Ethiopian eunich where Holy Spirit guided Philip to preach and then led him away. No return visits, no congregation building. It was a precedant for educating interested people and moving on. Jesus thru the Holy spirit would cause the Truth to spread and grow after that. The truth about Jesus and God's pupose was to free people from un-nessesary religious restraint and be a 'way of life' NOT enslave them to a NEW form of organizational structure. The ridged Synagogue like congregation structure developed through Paul who before he converted was an over zealous Pharisee, often narrow and small thinking, raised on a strict code of rules.

It would seem that for its day using the available tecnology was a progressive move.

Yes, and it still is. There is NO ACCEPTABLE REASON why the Organization with it great financial resources hasn't saturated the Globe with the message over the last 100 years via Radio and Satalite Broadcasts. They will have to answer to the Master for it!

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

I think the main reason that the witnesses quit using radio broadcasts and stayed completely away from the tv is that they don't want their message to get that much publicity. The more publicity it gets the more the inconsistencies are going to come under scrutiny and all but the completely loyal would wave bye bye to the boys of summer, err, I mean boys of brooklyn.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit