This Just Burns Me UP! [:(!]

by Aintthatcute 41 Replies latest jw friends

• You Know
    You Know
    Incidentally, were you born into/raised as a JW?

Nope.

/ You Know

• Aintthatcute
    Aintthatcute

I just want ot reiterate what I said earlier:

quote:
    Can you just imagine how the WTBTS would handle this if: Elders were told that if a chid abuse occured (Sexual, or otherwise), and it was brought to the Elders attention, they were not to tell anyone, not even members of their own families. (Their Children, their Fleshly brothers/sisters - so these could protect their children.) Or they would be Dissfellowshiped. I think there would me mass mutiny. OH! Wait! Elders aren't supposet to talk to anyone not involved directly.

So, do you think that Elders don't tell their (immediate family members) kids: to avoid, stay clear of, don't be alone with so and so?
    That way everyone may be at equal risk of the alleged perpetrator?

ATC

Thanks to all for their post.

YK, what scripture in Psalms were you refering too was it Psalms 119:165 regarding "stumling block"?

• Aintthatcute
    Aintthatcute

Had Enough,

Hi,

Thank you for the warm welcome. I enjoyed your comments. It's a shame, that the only way we (R&F) can protect our children from alleged child-molesters, that only The GB, Elders and those directly involved have knowledge of, We have to be on The GB or an Elder.

ATC

• Aintthatcute
    Aintthatcute

OOPS! I put up the wrong emotion in my last post to Had Enough. It should be

Guess you can tell this really bothers me! [>:(]

ATC

• You Know
    You Know
    YK, what scripture in Psalms were you refering too was it Psalms 119:165 regarding "stumling block"?

No, actually Psalms 118:22. / You Know

• Satanus
    Satanus

For christians who believe in christ, he is the organisation. He leads every christian himself. Any orgs that his followers may belong to are merely surface images having little effect on the inner being. For instance, just because a person goes to macdonalds, he doesn't become a hamburger.

YouKnownothings prophecies have no relavance in this structure.

Back to silent lambs.

S

• larc
    larc

SaintSatan,

I think you are absolutely right. Our own experience with God is a personal thing. If we don't have a relationship with God that is a personal thing too. We don't need an organization to tell us how to think or believe. It is a very private matter. Now, we can choose to share what we believe with others, and that is our option, but it does not make our belief any better or any worse than anyone else's, and we shouldn't allow anyone to castigate us for our beliefs and our conclusions.

• teejay
    teejay

Aintthatcute,

It would seem to me, and you can probibly bet, when something like this comes to the attention of the Elders; that all of thier children are warned to stay clear of "Publisher Alleged Child Abuser"! Even though they are supposed to be "hush-hush" about it. At least, they have the ability to protect their children. This just burns me up!

You have touched on one of the most heinous aspects of this whole mess. The elders obey the governing body when it comes to NOT protecting the sheep -- they don't divulge the pedos to the congregation at large -- but they DISobey the gb when it comes to telling their own family. Whether a child is protected or not is dependent on who knows them... their elder-dad or the elder-dad who's a close friend of the family. Good nazis, those elders.

peace,
    tj

Whenever you find you are on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    -- Mark Twain
  • siegswife
    siegswife

You Know, what the Bible says: Matthew 24:15,16 "Therefore, when you catch sight of the disgusting thing that causes desolation, as spoken of through Daniel the prophet, STANDING IN A HOLY PLACE, (let the reader use discernment,) then let those in Judea begin FLEEING to the mountains."

• arkangel
    arkangel

You Know,
    You seem like an intelligent person. Why do you stay on a ship where, you admit, the captain is taking the ship in the wrong direction? If you believe there are people at the top leading the WTBTS in the wrong direction why don't you jump ship! Why would you support what their doing by continuing to attend meetings and supporting their organization. You are being shown that truth does lie within this organization. You are trying to save a dying rotted out corpse.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit