This Just Burns Me UP! [:(!]

by Aintthatcute 41 Replies latest jw friends

• TR
    TR

YK is a legend in his own mind.

Enough said.

TR

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
    —Edmund Burke

• Teirce
    Teirce

Just a Q or 2 for YK.

You Know, mekeepsthinking that you fancy yourself as so outside the game, so comprehensive of grasp, so much a fly on the wall of Heaven, that you'd be in that sweetspot of moderate conservative-liberal power vaccuum when this ostensible crunch comes that shakes out lots of apples, thereby leaving you a natural shoe-in for certain positions. (That is, so long as your activity here is not disclosed.) How far off the mark am I? Don't give me no "If it is the will of Allah" tripe either. You're obviously too smart to be playing the game by their rules, and I won't accept the insult.

Incidentally, were you born into/raised as a JW?

• logical
    logical
    Then, when the dust settles out, those who remain will have proven that there faith was in Jehovah and Christ, who will have by then taken over the organization directly.

I thought Christ was ALREADY the head of the congregations, after all, he is with un until the conclusion of the age.

So you are saying that Christ being the head of the congregations is a FUTURE event?

Im have to inform you that Jah, through Christ and the Holy Spirit, have direct control over the congregation of True Christians (and they are sure NOT JW's). True Christians do not need an organisation to follow because God isnt physically with them, unlike you JW's. Exodus 32:1, Revelation 13:14-15

You Know proves yet again he does not have a clue.

• Aintthatcute
    Aintthatcute

I think since You Know, a.k.a YK, posted, we have drifted off course of the original message:
    It would seem to me, and you can probibly bet, when something like this comes to the attention of the Elders; that all of thier children are warned to stay clear of "Publisher Alleged Child Abuser"! Even though they are supposed to be "hush-hush" about it. At least, they have the ability to protect their children. This just burns me up!

Can you just imagine how the WTBTS would handle this if: Elders were told that if a chid abuse occured (Sexual, or otherwise), and it was brought to the Elders attention, they were not to tell anyone, not even members of their own families. (Their Children, their Fleshly brothers/sisters - so these could protect their children.) Or they would be Dissfellowshiped. I think there would me mass mutiny. OH! Wait! Elders aren't supposet to talk to anyone not involved directly.

So, do you think that Elders don't tell their (immediate family members) kids: to avoid, stay clear of, don't be alone with so and so?
    That way everyone may be at equal risk of the alleged perpetrator?

ATC

• NameWithheld
    NameWithheld

Aintthatcute: No, we all know how the elder's rumor circle works. In fact in lots of cases the wives and kids know as much or more than mr elder dad. It's the 'weak' ones that aren't in the elder click that suffer the fate of never being aware of the real goings on ...

• Had Enough
    Had Enough

Hello Aintthatcute:

First of all let me say a belated "welcome to the board". I've been reading but not posting much lately but thought I'd like to jump into this topic.

You said:

I think since You Know, a.k.a YK, posted, we have drifted off course of the original message

I totally agree and for that reason I don't and won't read or answer any of YKs posts. However the only good that does come from some replies to him is that his misleading and faulty thinking is pointed out to any lurker who might be influenced by him.

So that being said, in answer to your question of "would elders tell their immediate family to steer clear of one he knew was accused of molesting?":

I certainly would hope they would. I would hope that they had not been so totally brainwashed by the "loyal to the borg's rules equals loyalty to God" and "do nothing that might bring reproach on God's name" thinking, that they would endanger their own children.

How could they live with themselves if they didn't warn their family and then one of his own became the next victim?

For that matter, I wonder how they can live with themselves if anyone else becomes the next victim because they weren't warned.

So if there would be "a mass mutiny" if the WTBS said they would be df'd if they told even their own family...I wonder why isn't there a mass mutiny now if they aren't supposed to inform the authorities to determine his guilt or innocence and tell the congregation of an accused molester in their presence?

To me, that rule of "don't inform the authorities if it isn't required in your State" should have caused a mass mutiny already.

What does that say of the brainwashing capabilities of the WTS?

YES this does just burn me up too!!! [>:(]

Hopefully the exposure to the world that is coming from ones like silentlambs and other helping him and from the victims themselves who are able to speak out, will prick the consciences of more elders to join those taking a stand against the WTS policies.

Hopefully too it will lift the burden that many troubled elders now must be feeling and spur them into action.

Hopefully, most of all, the waking-up of the elders (and the general r&f for that matter), will protect more innocent children from the protected molesters still running loose.

• You Know
    You Know
    My first set of questions is: How many times will Jehovah stumble his own people?

Jesus said that causes for stumbling were inevitable. That's because we are all terribly flawed. However, Jesus is himself called the "stone of stumbling." The Jews were at one time the Chosen People of God, and yet the vast majority of them have not accepted the Messiah that Jehovah sent to them. As Paul pointed out Christ became a rock mass of offense and a stone of stumbling to them, not because of anything that Jesus did, but because they had made certain fatal assumptions about what the Christ was supposed to do and so forth. Interestingly, in two places, Psalms and Isaiah, were it refers to the stumbling block that the Christ will present to some, both have applications to the present time, or I should say to the immediate future. So the stumbling results from false expectations primarily. The only way to stride over such stumbling blocks is by faith. Knowledge will not cut it. That's why Jehovah said that "unless you people have faith you will not be of long duration."

My second set of questions is: Isn't official teaching that Jesus and Jehovah already are directly leading the organization? If this is not so, then why should any witnesses follow the organization? And what would be wrong with "running ahead"?

Yes. But look at the example I gave of Jesus. Was he leading the apostles? Yes, of course. Yet even though he repeatedly told them he was going to be executed the Scripture says that it was concealed from them that they might not see through it. So, Jehovah and Christ expect their true followers to be able to follow the Lamb where ever he goes. Even if he goes into obscurity during the world's time of darkness Christ knows that those with the true faith will find him. That is how the sheep and the goats will be separated.

At this point the organization serves God's purpose. At a future point it will serve his purpose for the org to be laid low. Study Bible history and these things become clearer.

Running ahead of the organization may be considered running ahead of Christ.

My last question is: Why didn't Jehovah use his "organization" in the first four centuries of Christianity to deliver his written word? Why instead did he use the Catholic Church as his instrument to deliver his message?

The only purpose Christendom has served in all the centuries since apostasy destroyed the original congregation is that they have translated and preserved the Bible until such time as Jehovah's organization was revived, at which point Christendom has served its purpose for the most part. / You Know

• You Know
    You Know
    You Know, mekeepsthinking that you fancy yourself as so outside the game, so comprehensive of grasp, so much a fly on the wall of Heaven, that you'd be in that sweetspot of moderate conservative-liberal power vaccuum when this ostensible crunch comes that shakes out lots of apples, thereby leaving you a natural shoe-in for certain positions. (That is, so long as your activity here is not disclosed.) How far off the mark am I?

I honestly don't have any ambitions in that regard. However, on the whole, I don't think you are far off the mark. Look at the Bible pattern of how Jehovah brought in outsiders after they had been tested and humbled. Moses has to wait 40 years before he was brought in to deliver Israel. Joseph was thrown in prison and seemed in a hopeless situation but was used to save the family from starvation and he became the ruler of Egypt. David was a fugitive for years even after he was anointed to become king. Christ is the prime example. He went through all manner of tests and humiliations before Jehovah exalted him. So, I am well aware that Jehovah has the ability and the will to make the frst last, and the last first. The thing is, when Christ arrives for judgment I expect everything to pretty much be turned on its head. The high become low and the low become high. But I don't imagine that the revealing of the sons of God will be any ordinary event. It will be the most profound act of God ever to take place. / You Know

• You Know
    You Know
    I thought Christ was ALREADY the head of the congregations, after all, he is with un until the conclusion of the age. So you are saying that Christ being the head of the congregations is a FUTURE event?

Christ's arrival, or the manifestation of his ongoing presence, however you want to word it, changes everything. The angels will at that time purge all apostates and faithless haughty individuals from the congregations. That will have an enormous impact upon the organization and set straight the things now wanting. / You Know

• You Know
    You Know
    Can you just imagine how the WTBTS would handle this if: Elders were told that if a chid abuse occured (Sexual, or otherwise), and it was brought to the Elders attention, they were not to tell anyone, not even members of their own families.

No question about it that it's a mess. It is not an easy situation to deal with. But the reason I said you were being manipulated is that the Devil is running both ends of this operation. Obviously any man that harms a child is imitating the demons, that's because the demons prey upon weaker and naive creatures. It is quite fiendish, which is why child predators strike such a chord deep within us. But, the demons are obviously running the operation on the other end as well, in that the apostates who are supposedly performing a public service by exposing the Watchtower's mishandling of these cases, are themselves some of the most immoral dogs that have soiled God's green earth. So, the demons are indirectly responsible for goading some so-called brother into committing some horrendus crime, and then they become the accusers as well by using their apostate mouthpiece; easily inciting them to outrage and a 'Let's get the Watchtower' mob mentality. It may well be too, that in certain cases elders have also been over-reached by the Devil in their mis-handling of some cases.

The whole intent of the operation being run by the demons against us is to flood us with indignation and lead us to ask the question: "How could this be Jehovah's organization?" It is an age-old tatic of the demons to try and break our faith.

Christ however has foretold that at his arrival his angels will remove "all things causing stumbling and all persons doing lawlessness." Do you not agree that Jesus can esily and permanetly solve the problems facing us? Child molestors certainly qualify as those doing lawlessness and certain teachings and policies are things that can cause stumbling. Those things will be removed, if you can believe Jesus. I for one do believe in Jesus, very much so. The trick, if it can be called that, is having faith in Jesus and waiting for him to arrive to set things right and not allowing ourselves to be manipulated by the Devil into becoming accusers of our brothers.

/ You Know

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit