JWs in Field Service Today--Christmas.

by M.J. 49 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• A-Team
    A-Team

All that needs to happen is for someone to go postal on them, and they will never do it again.

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard
    All that needs to happen is for someone to go postal on them, and they will never do it again.

A big protection cover for them has been using their small children as human shields,i was used as such since i was in diapers.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

I did not go in service on holidays. I was embarrassed to. Since I had previously celebrated xmas, it was a very special family time at my house. None of us were dressed yet, opening presents. It was an all morning thing and we had a special breakfast. The last time I did that was about 22 years ago......I hope to start the tradition again.

Today its about 40 degrees and so windy, raining.

Im in my PJ's and if someone knocked on my door, I would just ignore them.

purps

ps My kids just come on in or use their key!

• Fangorn
    Fangorn

Used to be fairly common when I was young, which was a while ago. Seemed to become less and less popular as time passed. I don't think many do it today.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

BTW............

I learned the truth from someone coming to my door. Just not at xmas time.

purps

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

I went a few times on Christmas Day, but not in the last few years I was a jw. People are less welcoming today than other times, in my experience, as they are invariably busy when the jws knock.

We did see 4 jws out in service this morning when we took our dog out, and they saw us, but seemed to try and pretend they hadn't done, though they looked our way when we shouted "merry christmas" to them.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Sure did. Was a true believer, which of course equals zealot. I'm so glad to be out of that mindset. Pathetic.

W.Once

• Justitia Themis
    Justitia Themis

I live in a family-oriented residential area. Most in my congregation choose not to go out on Christmas; we feel it in VERY bad taste. However, years ago, my husband lived in Las Vegas. At that time, no one was "from" Las Vegas, and usually they were running from something. Therefore, Christmas was a lonely time for many people, so he did go out in service on Christmas, especially to apartment buildings. One Christmas, he an another brother DID actually stop a gentleman from committing suicide.

Justitia

• tan
    tan

Hated it!!! So disrespectful, and you were always offering some Christmas article. As if people are going to change their minds on Christmas day when all of their family and friends are visiting. Thanksgiving was bad too. I saw JW's yesterday across the street. It appeared that they were doing a return visit, no one was home (at least they thought they weren't). They arrogantly walked back to their car and left. It was interesting to see but very disturbing to think that that was what I used to do.

• moshe
    moshe

I did it one time- never again.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit