How much did you sleep at the conventions/assemblies?

by avidbiblereader 37 Replies latest jw friends

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

I had it down to an art form and was constantly 'counselled' for it; they didnt like to be told that it was their own fault for making those talks so bloody boring- sleep was my only escape.

Plus on a sunday morning when I was severely hungover from the night before, I had little choice in the matter; it did get a laugh though when I snored and woke myself up.

DB74

• Justice-One
    Justice-One

Sleep? Nope. I was to busy reading Sun Tsu, or books like "When I was kid, this was a free country." (With a big flag on the front of it.)

• watson
    watson

I had many hours of entertainment watching others doing the "whiplash boogie." Some guys could really get it going on!

A relative of mine is the master of undetected sleeping at the meetings. He has a way of crossing his legs, holding his bible in his lap with both hands. With his glasses on, and head leaning forward just right, you almost can't tell he is in a deep sleep. He is awesome!

Watson

• hambeak
    hambeak

Didn't sleep I volunteered and didn't listen I don't remember any of it

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

Not counting when I was a baby...

Hm, never.

And miss all that fine spiritual food?

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    How much did you sleep at the conventions/assemblies?

I slept through most of them, and most meetings at the hall too.

I have sleep apnea but it was undiagnosed for a long time, so I was always falling asleep at meetings and assemblies. My ex was always elbowing me to wake me up, and within a minute I'd start sleeping again, and I snore loud. What made it worse was my ex always wanted to sit in the front row, so the elders always saw me asleep. I don't recall the elders ever counseling me for sleeping at meetings - they had much more serious things to counsel me for, like having a moustache or biting my fingernails.

W

• sspo
    sspo

It never failed that for 30 years i would fall asleep as soon as i sat down every morning.

The public talk on sunday afternoon was the most boring, after lunch it was a good time to take a nap.

• sspo
    sspo
    like having a moustache or biting my fingernails.

Did they pull out scriptures to counsel you or was it their own view on the matter?

• Sailor Ripley
    Sailor Ripley

As much as absolutely possible.

I did make out with this chick in her dad's van once in Dallas when I was a teen-ager. It was a sweet van with carpet and velour or whatever that soft fabric on the walls was. We were supposed to be picking up trash. Oh, she was trashy alright... wait, so was I. D'oh!

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    Did they pull out scriptures to counsel you or was it their own view on the matter?

I challenged them to use the scriptures on the moustache thing, but they weaseled out of it. They also didn't like me pointing out that the entire elder body in the neighbouring congregation all had moustaches. About the nailbiting, they said it was a habit, and it's demonic to be enslaved to any habit.

W

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit