What JW's think people think of them...lol

by loosie 30 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• loosie
    loosie

I got this email and I thought I would share. I got a chuckle out of it. Sorry it is so long.

At morning worship with the Bethel family, Bro. Lett of the Governing Body,
    made a few comments regarding our work of preaching and bearing witness to
    others.

He made the point that we should not be discouraged by not-at-homes or
    those
    who are not interested in our message. He mentioned that even if 80% of our
    visits were not-at-homes, and 20% were not interested, we still have many
    reasons to be joyful. Primarily, because we are pleasing Jehovah. Also, we
    are fulfilling our responsibility to bear witness to others, thereby
    proving that Satan the Devil is a liar. Additionally, we are helping the angels
    determine the condition of people's hearts.

He then gave this example of a typical day in field service. At the first
    door we go to, after we knock, a woman peeks through the window, sees us,
    but doesn't answer the door. We mark it as a not-at home, but the angels
    mark it as something else. They can see the condition of the woman's heart.

At the second door we knock at, no one is home since the husband and wife
    are both at work; but we leave a tract. That night when the couple gets
    home
    and sees the tract, a conversation begins. "Those Witnesses were by our
    house today. They sure are persistent." The angels are watching and make
    note of it.

At the third door we knock at, no one answers. This is because the woman at
    the first house called her friend at the third house and warned her that we were
    coming. She says: "Boy, those Witnesses sure are persistent. They just
    don't give up." We mark it as a not-at home, but the angels mark it as
    something else.

We knock at the fourth house and no one is home. However, a lady across the
    street sees us. The Witnesses had knocked at her door last week, but she
    didn't listen. She says to herself: "Those Witnesses sure are persistent, but very well dressed. Even their children are well behaved. Maybe I should
    listen to them the next time they knock at my door." Again, the angels make
    note of it.

We knock at the fifth house, and again, no one is home. But a garbage truck
    passes by. The driver tells his co-worker: "There go those Witnesses
    again."
    The co-worker asks: "Aren't they the ones that don't accept blood
    transfusions?" "Yes", the driver replies. "But look at how well dressed and
    well behaved their children are. I wish my children were the same." The
    angels make a note of this.

So at just these five houses, there may have been five not-at-homes marked
    down, but look how many conditions and reactions of the heart the angels
    were able to observe. Now imagine how many of these same scenarios they
    observe being played out around the world each and every day. How important
    it is that we be in the ministry to help our angelic brothers to see behind
    the response we receive at the doors.

• juni
    juni

I've heard this one before years and years ago loosie. And like the rest, they are written so as to affect you emotionally.

Most of their stories are left overs from years ago. Pathetic isn't it?

Juni

• Mulan
    Mulan

Oh brother....................that is really lame.

• RunningMan
    RunningMan
    The co-worker asks: "Aren't they the ones that don't accept blood
    transfusions?" "Yes", the driver replies. "But look at how well dressed and
    well behaved their children are. I wish my children were the same."

The co-worker asks: "Aren't they the ones that withhold necessary medical treatments and allow their children to die?"

"Yes," the driver replies, "But look at how well dressed they are."

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

LOL. And nobody wonders why Jehovah who can read hearts needs angels who have not a clue except by seeing how people react to JWs knocking at their doors...

• Fleshybirdfodder
    Fleshybirdfodder
    And nobody wonders why Jehovah who can read hearts needs angels who have not a clue except by seeing how people react to JWs knocking at their doors...

lol! I wonder if that is the worst job an angel gets stuck with. The other angels get to stop meteors from destroying the earth and wrestle with demons; they have to sit and watch people knock on doors.

FBF

• cultswatter
    cultswatter

He left one out

I was at a business during the "end of false religion " tract campaign recently. I was in a book store looking at books and this dude in a suit who looked just like jesus manuel cano(really) came through the door and walked up to the book store clerk that I had just been talking to

He hands the clerk a letter in an envelope and says "message for you" turns around and walks out of the store. I knew immediately who this was of course. The clerk then opens the letter and out pops an "end of religion tract" nice and neatly folded. He looks at the tract and I say" Don't worry I got one of those too and it is too bad that the JW can question everyone elses religion except theirs, don't even bother looking at that tract because the JW are a cult". The clerk then crumples up the tract and throws it away. A wave of accomplishment swept over me as I realized that I might have saved another human from the hell bent torture of the JW cult.

The angels that looked at this event can learn a lesson . I you want a job done well then DO IT YOURSELFf

• geevee
    geevee

Steve Lett.....what a legend. He put all of his thinking ability into that one. The angels should try to help him........ Bashing on peoples doors....what a huge waste of time, not theirs but the one doing the knocking.

• Abandoned
    Abandoned
    Also, we
    are fulfilling our responsibility to bear witness to others, thereby
    proving that Satan the Devil is a liar. Additionally, we are helping the angels
    determine the condition of people's hearts.

Anyone else ready to vomit from these tired excuses for preaching?

How do you prove that satan is a liar? And since he is already considered a liar and has already been judged, does he need to be proved such? So basically, undertaking an allegedly life-saving work in the least effective method there is to do it, is the final proof that satan is a liar? What?

Now about helping the angels. Do the angels really need help from humans? So if nobody ever mentions the kingdom message to someone, the angels will just sit there confused about how to judge the person? Why wouldn't a loving god base judgment on each persons own actions and not on their response to the preaching of a group that throughout its entire history has lacked legitimacy? Is god setting us up to fail? Would setting people up to fail be an act of love?

• Pubsinger
    Pubsinger

What they were really thinking:

Lady across the street:

Well I've been watching them for 25 minutes and they've knocked at 5 doors all of which were NHs. Just before they arrived, an annoying window salesman with a job to do, knocked on all 5 doors. In less than 2mins he'd deduced they were NHs, posted leaflets (went on to earn £2k commission from one them a week later) and carried on down the street trying to support his family. These JWs really must have nothing better to do and their message can't be that important if they've got that much time to waste. And why do they walk soooo slowly.

Dustmen:

I know we've emptied the bins on both sides of the street whilst they knocked on those 5 doors, but WHY do they bring their kids with them. They look so miserable and bored. And it's freezing cold, maybe we should ring social services. And what's with the tuxedos? Do they realise how overdressed they look. Oh and have you noticed hundreds of these "False Religion" leaflets in everyones trash?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit