Finally bought Crisis of Conscience today...

by deaconbluez 25 Replies latest jw friends

• Gerard
    Gerard
    Glad to hear you have the book. You might also want to read "In Search of Christian Freedom" by R. Franz.
    Is that a newer writing?

Its the basicaly same but in greater detail.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

In Search of Christian Freedom is more of a book on doctrine. It covers a lot of the wrong JW practices and doctrine, such as use of the word Jehovah, going house-to-house and disfellowshipping. Well worth a read just to help clear of the JW doctrinal crap from your head.

• deaconbluez
    deaconbluez

Its a shame, though. While it would do every Bible-loving Witness some good to read this book, they would automatically discount the author as a dirty, lying, pot-smoking, hooker-banging, drive-by shooting apostate.

YET, prior to 1981, any Witness on earth would have given their life, entrusted their life to the author. They would have welcomed him into their home and would have accepted ANYTHING that he taught them from the platform.

The solitary "act" that transfers him from angelic to hell-bound was simply questioning things that his conscience was bothered about. Priceless.

• Clam
    Clam
    The solitary "act" that transfers him from angelic to hell-bound was simply questioning things that his conscience was bothered about. Priceless.

Well put. Is there really such a fine line between being a GB member with a conscience and an apostate? I wish there was. Can you imagine how things would change so drastically if there was a mass epiphany? This would be truly inspired. Go on Jehovah you know it makes sense!

• deaconbluez
    deaconbluez

Above all, Witnesses should come to their senses and know the difference between a Watchtower Apostate and a Christian Apostate.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

I just remarked today in conversation on the phone with The Wanderer that without these books by Franz I would still most likely have been in the organization - at least in name. I view his efforts as heroic.

I have read both books multiple times and would [and do] encourage every single xjw to read them.

The power of real truth is freedom.

Jeff

• Nellie
    Nellie

I remember the day my book arrived in the mail - I thought OMG this book is soo big (mind you I'm an avid reader) - there were a few chapters that I jumped around a bit - but all in all - WOW - the questions it answers! The followup book "In Search for Christian Freedom" is equally as large and equally beneficial. Enjoy!!!

• zagor
    zagor

I really enjoyed reading that book. I wish I read it while I was in agony over JW bullshit but better late than never ..

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I ordered the book and it went to a family member's home.
    I can't have it in the house with my faithful JW wife.

Several books went to that family member, but before they
    started arriving, I found CRISIS at the library, checked it
    out, read it outside my home in short time.

I have the second book, but now I have so many books to
    read that I haven't done more than read chapter 1.

• JPT
    JPT

I just read the book and enjoyed it very much. As for the first chapter, he felt it important to explain his beginning. It all seems perfectly necessary in order to understand the perspective of the book.

JT

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit