What if you refused to be disfellowshipped?

by Billzfan23 32 Replies latest jw friends

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1
    BUT IT WOULD ALSO CONVINCE THE FLOCK THAT YOU HAVE A DEMON.

Oh boy would it. Had I seen something like this happen in my home congregation, I would still be a reluctant JW today. My thinking would have been, "If I leave, Satan will posess me."

• freyd
    freyd

What if you picketed the KH?

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1
    What if you picketed the KH?

As long as you are not on KH property, there is no law against that in the United States. Again going back to the First Ammendment of the United States...

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

The JWs might still think you have a Demon in you though.

• willyloman
    willyloman

Live a happy, productive life outside the JWs. That's REALLY annoying!

This would be the easiest thing to do. For some, it's the hardest. But I agree it's the best way to go.

• blondie
    blondie

Be sure that the land you are picketing on does not have some other restriction on it preventing picketing. I remember that Junction-Guy was picketing off KH property but was still asked to stop by the police. Honesty, you were there, what was the reason the police gave?

Blondie

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

Dear Billzfan,

Good idea, but I think just openly tryng to say hi to other JWs at the hall may get thrown out long before you were to even raise your hand.

But..you could really throw a curve ball at them another way:

Take out a little ad in the say,"garage sale" section of the local paper. (JWs always look there for garage sales!!) Then print something like..

"Are The JWs Really Telling You The Truth??"

"Next time they are at your door ask them why it is that they will eagerly take fractions to save their life, fractions taken from YOUR donated blood. Yet will they give back to society? No. Will they donate blood for you and your children? No. Sowhy is it ok for them to take fractions but reject blood? You may ask them this the next time they knock on your door. For more info. on JWs see freeminds.com or JW discussion."

Don't sign your name unless you want harrassment by the JWs, then they cannot be sure who put the ad in. Be sure to give a fake name and # when placing the ad, and pay in cash, so it cannot be traced back to you if you want to remain anonymous.

We are planning on doing this in our paper soon. Every so often we will change the context of the message. Can you only imagine the stir it will cause in their ministry?? No doubt ones at the door will probably be putting them on the spot for answers. Maybe it will get some JWs to think. And maybe, just maybe, some may be ever so rebellious as to check it out for themselves.

Sincerely,

Lady Liberty

• Outaservice
    Outaservice

Maybe you could still go door to door, representing yourself as a JW, and acting like a complete 'jerk'. That ought to help the neighborhood have a good opinion of Witnesses!

Outaservice

• lilparrottx
    lilparrottx

I love the newspaper ad idea... but why not think bigger? We could take up a collection and purchase a couple of bulletin boards in major cities across the US - THAT would get some attention.

OHHHHH, and how about bumper stickers??? Something like: X J Dub N Luv N It!

LOL

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

I love the newspaper ad idea... but why not think bigger? We could take up a collection and purchase a couple of bulletin boards in major cities across the US - THAT would get some attention.

OHHHHH, and how about bumper stickers??? Something like: X J Dub N Luv N It!

LOL

Dear Lil,

Thats a good idea!!!!! What does a bill board run??

Sincerely,

Lady Liberty

• lilparrottx
    lilparrottx

I checked it out here in Toronto... it would cost approx. $3,500 for 1 month including design and installation. I was pretty surprised to see how inexpensive it is to have a bus sign on the public transportation system here. Only $500!

Anyone want to chip in?

Nate

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit