What if you refused to be disfellowshipped?

by Billzfan23 32 Replies latest jw friends

• Billzfan23
    Billzfan23

What if you were DF'ed for apostasy - yet you continued to show up at meetings with a big smile, slapping folks on the back and shaking hands with them, raising your hand to comment on EVERY paragraph, even being visibly annoyed when you are not called on? What could they do? File a restraining order? Lock the door? Has anyone ever done this just to disrupt their fun?

• 5go
    5go

They would call the cops from what I understand then ask you to leave.

• blondie
    blondie

You would probably be asked to leave; if you did not, they would call the police. Then the KH might file a restraining order on you. Have seen it done and upheld by the courts/police.

Blondie

• Billzfan23
    Billzfan23

Bummer... Guess I will have to sabotage the septic system instead...

• TowerWatch
    TowerWatch

I resigned as an elder in 94 so this may not be up to date information but at that time the instructions from the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society was, ask them to leave if they don’t call the police.

Cal

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

Are they really worth the time & effort? Plus, it would just reinforce the JW mindset that anyone who leaves is demonized.

Live a happy, productive life outside the JWs. That's REALLY annoying!

PS - At the end of the day, it is private property and while the meetings are open to the public, they have the right to "revoke your implied invitation" and ask you to leave. They could get a restraining order and enforce it.

• Billzfan23
    Billzfan23
    Bummer... Guess I will have to sabotage the septic system instead...

I was kidding in the above post... well, sort of...

• cabasilas
    cabasilas

I never went back to the Hall after I diassociated myself. But, I would make sure to say "Hi!" to JWs I knew when I'd see them in public. I'd be friendly but not overbearing. I'd also make sure to say hello to them in front of other people (such as at the grocery store or at the Mall). A few would respond in kind but some I could tell were uncomfortable and didn't want to be rude to me in front of worldly people. A couple did actually did turn and walk away.

The way I figured it I wanted them to know I still cared for them as people and would be friendly to them. But, I did not continue the conversation unless they seemed willing to. Most did not but I remember a couple that actually did strike up a brief conversation after I initiated the plesantries.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Are they really worth the time & effort? Plus, it would just
    reinforce the JW mindset that anyone who leaves is demonized.

In the strictist sense, you could say hello to people and raise
    your hand for questions. You could be no disturbance worth
    calling the police over. If they called the police, what could they
    say. You raised your hand while others did the same. You
    greeted people who did not wish to speak to you.

But, I agree with the doubting bro. WHY BOTHER?
    Go enjoy life.

• Honesty
    Honesty

If you did, the JW's would have affirmation in their depraved minds that their beloved Faithful Slave is Soooo Right about those who reject Jerhover's organization.

They would become even more entrenched in their belief that the Governing Body speaks for God.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit