Email from the ex ... "come back"

by merfi 37 Replies latest jw friends

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1
    ...and have told them now and then throughout this year that any time they want to go to a meeting, to just let me know and I'd take them. So they've had choices and options, and have always chosen the non-JW.

An Elder around here would say, "Of course it is easier and feels happier to take the path of sin. I'm sure you do feel great since you stopped coming to the meetings. That's exactly what Satan wants you to feel."

Translation...

Meetings and Jehovah = miserable, depressed, yet righteous

No meetings and Jehovah = feel good, happy, but a sinner

(Give me option 2)

I'm glad all is well in the Merfi household.

• zagor
    zagor

Jeez, and I thought he was asking you to come back to his arms .... not to a freakin cult

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

Dear Merfi,

I wonder what your ex would say if you shared with him this old Watchtower. Leolia just posted it from a thread I just did on holidays that Russel apparently wrote.. But it would be hard to reply to this:

***w08 12/15 p. 380 The Greater Than Solomon's ***

This brings us to the second part of the appointed lesson, which stands more particularly related to the Christmas season. It matters not particularly that December 25 is not the anniversary of our Lord's birth, according to the Scriptural account; that really he was born about September 25, nine months later. One day, as well as another, will serve us to commemorate our Saviour's birth in the flesh, as a gift of God's love to a condemned and dying world. Indeed, in some respects December 25, which corresponds to the date of our Lord's annunciation or begetting by the holy Spirit in the womb of Mary, may be considered even more appropriate for celebration than the day of his death. Was it not there that the Father began the sending of his Son, began to give us the gift of the man Christ Jesus?

Sincerely,

Lady Liberty

• sspo
    sspo

Don't forget to email him a few apostate websites. I beleive he'll be curious enough to check them out, wanting to know what his ex has been reading.

• Little Bo Peep
    Little Bo Peep

It's true, you could go to another congregation, and they would probably "embrace" you, but as soon as you have any serious questions, you'd get a cold shoulder from most. That's what I've found so comforting on JWD, most have been in the same situation, and made it to the "other side" intact.

Good luck,

Peep

• lighthouse19something
    lighthouse19something

We helped with the local 'Toys For Tots' (took applications, set up distribution, and helped parents pick the toys) over 1000 kids were given 6 toys each,

• PoppyR
    PoppyR
    I'm actually sad for you. You've never known, and unless you're more of a thinking person that I'm aware of, you never will know, the warmth of unconditional friendships, the support of family with no strings attached and the freedom to be true to yourself.

WOW, this paragraph hit home, and the comparisons to 'The Village' which I thought were just striking.

Since leaving the cult I have never been more aware of the true love of true friends, and the false love of those I once thought were my 'forever' friends.

You dont sound like you need any reassurance, but respect!

Poppy

• exjdub
    exjdub

Whenever anyone says: "I see the good in you"...what they are really saying is: "You are a bad person, but I searched and searched and finally came to the conclusion that there is a shread of good in you that I see." I don't know about you, but I think that is about the most condascending thing a person can say to another. Glad you saw it Merfi and that you are throwing the BS flag on him.

exjdub

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit