TMS 2007 Documents

by meg99 37 Replies latest watchtower bible

• meg99
    meg99

Does anyone know of where I can get my hands on a copy of the 2007 TMS documents. Looks like alot of JW's are freakin out about posting that information online this year. Not a big deal, but well you know how it goes...

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I am looking for that too. My mother said she wants it so she doesn't have to study in all the books.
    I am all for that. Same thought that JW's are freaking out about posting it.

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

I have the spanish version. pm me your email addy if anyone wants it.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

No comprende espanol. English por favor.

• Billzfan23
    Billzfan23

I am interested as well. I print these out every year and have them bound in a book. I even used one from the platform when I was conducting the school. It's a riot because one of the holier than though publishers approached me after a meeting and talked to me about how strange it was that I use one of those books when the organization strongly recommends not doing so. We even had a small KM part on it a while back. Man.. I love making them squirm!

• carla
    carla

What are the documents?

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    What are the documents?

Every year, somebody looks up every single reference in the TMS posted schedule from the Oct. OKM and puts the entire section of reference material in a WORD document so that the rest of us can just print the entire thing, put it in a book, and have all the materials for the TMS school in order for the entire year.

Each year, less and less people are participating in posting it, still many do it for themselves and usually someone is willing to give it out.
    I have done it for myself in the past and shared it, but I found it easier to allow someone else who beat me to it to do it. It's quite a bit of work.

• carla
    carla

oh, so it's just a way to be organized for the organization then? I swear! the wt has more tedious, time wasting projects I've ever heard of!

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

No, Carla.

For faithful JW's like my mom, it's a time-saver. It cuts down on time opening different books.
    The WTS doesn't like people doing it, because it cuts down on opening different books or
    doing your own research. When you sit thru the TMS, you have a couple of short pages of
    what they are covering this week. It's great for Overseers and for lazy JW's.

I never understood (as a JW) why they didn't like time-savers. I used to print the scriptures for
    the WT study for me and the wife. The WTS said "Don't do that, it keeps you from opening your
    Bible." I kept doing it, because most JW's don't open the Bible anyway. I just stopped sharing
    it with others, they might get stumbled. I stopped doing this a couple years ago.

• moshe
    moshe

Welcome, meg99 to the JWD Forum. I am afraid I can't help you on this as I left the KH in 1988. However, I can give you some first person accounts of what it was like back in 1972-75 preaching about the end of the world coming in 1975. You can use it for a talk in the Ministry school- some of the older ones might need to refresh their memories about the "stay alive untill 1975" fiasco.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit