Annual visits to DF'd ones

by JK666 23 Replies latest jw experiences

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I agree with everything Willyloman said. I want to add that it's easy to
    state that the DF'ed people requested nobody calls on them. The other
    elders won't remember if that's true, and the person who states it usually
    says it as a question- "Didn't he say not to call on him? We better skip it."

The next year, you say "We skipped him last year because he didn't want a call."

Also, every body of elders I was on, they said they were only required to
    visit the "DF'ed with KNOWN addresses in our territory." If you lived outside
    your own cong. territory, then even though they DF'ed you, they don't have to
    visit, and the cong. with that territory doesn't KNOW you live there. LOOPHOLE.

The low priority comments- one of the lowest. Shepherd the ones that will
    serve cake and lemonade, or the ones that brag about what a great brother you
    are- forget the rest. I want to say I wasn't that bad, but DF'ed people were
    a low priority. NOW I SEE- I WAS DOING THEM A FAVOR.

• Emma
    Emma

Never had a visit not that I ever wanted one. I simply faded. But my sisters consider me apostate, of which they're terrified! I never gave them reason except for not "being" a witless. If you're not for, you must be apostate.

btw, I'd turn away most anyone who "called."

• tijkmo
    tijkmo
    We are on the do not call list so even the 2

that came must have not read the territory card that says "do not call"

'do not calls' are supposed to be called on from time to time too...they may have died, moved, had a change of heart, etc etc

this is my observation to the gb on the matter of annual visits...along with other suggestions if you wish to read them...no 9 is the annual visit thing. http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/7/93181/1.ashx

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

In some of the congregations I've been associated with, an effort was made to contact most of the df'ed. I always approached folks trying to be as nonconfrontational and friendly as possible. I never df'ed anyone and most of the folks were gone so long that I didn't know them. I was thrown off of someones property once, but that's the worse. Usually, it was a short chat and I would ask if there was any interest in coming back. It was always, no thanks.

In one congregation, if we knew someone who was df'ed and moved out of our territory, we would call the congo that had the territory and ask them to call on them. I'm sure they did it - NOT.

I never understood why the elders weren't more interested in finding these lost sheep and bringing them back. Seems like that would be one of their primary jobs.

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader

I have been out for 6 years and never one visit, actually I have had witnesses see me in stores and literally leave their carts and walk out of the hall, turn around in aisles and leave. You would think I was a serial murderer and coming at them with a weapon. Unbelievable in what they believe from what others tell them. I hope that God can forgive them for all this silliness and plastic love.

• gumby
    gumby
    I hope that God can forgive them for all this silliness and plastic love.

Plastic love.....thats a good way to put it.

As an ex-elder I agree with willymeister. Any....and I mean anything that elders say regarding an attempt to contact a Dfed one is taken as written in stone. Nothing a Dfed one says is ever believed over an elder(s) I was out for 12 years and never had a call. Many times they ask your witness mate "how your doing". If the response is...."he still is angry at the brothers or the organisation" they take that as though the DFed one woulkdn't WANT a call from them. Never do they consider the fact to work out your problem problem with you. Most elders are cowards in a case like this.

Gumby

• J-ex-W
    J-ex-W

crumpet----- You asked how can they know if someone is repentant if they never visit or hear from df'd ones. The answer is a simple one: If the person is repentant, they will SHOW UP AT THE KINGDOM HALL for meetings--and keep showing up. If they don't come to the KH, they're not good in heart and not worthy of the brothers/ sisters' notice.

• Billzfan23
    Billzfan23

Yes, it is customary at the quarterly meeting or before the CO's visit that the elders in the hall check the list and call on any who might have their thinking "readjusted" What a hoot!

• Honesty
    Honesty
    One thing to keep in mind is that "known apostates" are NOT to be called upon as written in the KM books. Gumby

WooooHooooo!!!!!

I sometimes wonder which theocratically inclined large diurnal bird of prey really believes he or she is going to 'inherit' my Ponderosa after their demon god annihilates my apostate derriere.

• love2Bworldly
    love2Bworldly

When I did my fade, the only time anyone came by was when 2 elders were trying to spy on me. I think my sister told them I was dating worldly men oooooooohhhhh and staying out all night oooooooohhhhh (only reason she knew is because I moved in with my parents cause I lost my job.)

The elders came by on Easter Sunday and I was out front with my 2 young kids with Easter baskets ( oooohhhhh evil) and my non JW brother was outside with me (he had a beard and they probably thought he was my boyfriend.)

They sat in their car across the street for a while, I guess observing me. I thought they just happened to be going door-to-door but they weren't. One guy got out and motioned with his hand to his ear like a phone and mouthed the words "Call me". I smiled, nodded, and said ok. NOT! Never did, and no one ever called or stopped by again.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit