Annual visits to DF'd ones

by JK666 23 Replies latest jw experiences

• Cordelia
    Cordelia

this is what makes me mad!!! my lovely dad and other lovely elders he knows faithfully visit as per societys requirements, (because yes, elders are meant to visit dfed ones that may want to return)

and yet in the two years ive been out noone has ever seen me and even when i put my letter in they take 4 weeks to get back!!!

tho to be honest i really woul.dnt want them to, hey lets be glad every elder just does whatever they want and most just cant be bothered

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

"I've never had that annual visit - anyway how can they possibly know if someone is potentially repententant or not if they have never seen or spoken to them and neither have their families!" (Crumpet) Yeah, that's right. On the German board is a member DFed for having contact to DFed people. When the elders came he said: "How can you have contact with me?" :-) I have just started a similar poll on the German board who has experiences the anual elders' visits. From my feeling it is something they try to avoid.

• JK666
    JK666

Thank you for all of your comments. I figured that was the case. JK

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

"Pay Attention to Yourselves and to All the Flock"

Once a year the body of elders reviews a list of those in the congregation territory who are disfellowshipped or

disassociated. They will call on each one they select in order to see if he wants to return. (w91 4/15 pp. 22-3)

The body will assign two elders to make each call, preferably elders familiar with the case.

During a brief visit or two, the elders can kindly explain what the individual can do to return.

They will report the results to the Congregation Service Committee, and the body will be informed at the next meeting of the elders.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit