"You are starting to sound like an apostate!"

by MadTiger 15 Replies latest jw friends

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

Yep! Me, too. I was talking to one of my JW kids (they brought up religion, trying to "encourage" me) we talked about the changes in WT 'thinking' on Blood and Organ Transplants. I happened to mention all the deaths that were required bt the current WT 'thinking'...only to be flip-flopped later.

Kid responded: Well...the has gotten brighter...!?

Me: So-o...was the WT wrong back then ? Or now ?

Kid:"You may not realize it, but,You are starting to sound like an apostate!"

Me:Me-e...? No, never...I just, ya' know...I have a few doubts.

Can you imagine *me* an apostate?

Rabbit

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

I remember the first time I realised I was hanging out with apostates and thought I'd crossed the line, and was out in the unknown, supposedly at huge danger. Then I remembered that it was the most I'd learned, ever, about JWs, and that it was the first time I'd ever had the chance to talk about everything that bothered me. I find the word funny but sad too, for the amount of control it has over people. My mum used it a couple of months ago and it's clearly a big deal to her; she said "frankly, you're starting to sound a bit apostate" and I guess that means that if I start sounding a bit more apostate, that will be the end of any chance I get to stay friends with her. I have no idea what 'more apostate' would be, but I'll not ever be talking about the multitude of reasons I have not to go back. From now on, all she needs to know is how happy I am.

• MadTiger
    MadTiger

UPDATE #2: I decided that I am going to help my old friend get reinstated. I am not going to call him. You see, he isn't supposed to associate with me whether I am "apostate" or not, since he is disfellowshipped, and wants to get reinstated. I miss him a little, but I will live.

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader

Sounds like a person trying to get back on the Titanic after they have been in a lifeboat,duh.

abr

• MadTiger
    MadTiger

Titanic?! Hehe

UPDATE #3:

Saw another friend who is disfellowshipped and wants to pursue reinstatement "in the future."

He wanted to know what was up with me, and I talked a little, but told him I would e-mail more later.

I think I will hit his brain pretty good, since he knows I am not a crazy aPoZtate, but a very sincere person.

He knows I would not lie to him about this stuff, either. It is too serious.

I brought up some of the basics, sprinkled in some local stuff, and continually put in the thought that Holy Spirit
    does NOT seem to be acting on the organization.

I am not changing my mind, but who knows, he might change his. The first friend who was the impetus for the original
    post will never change his mind. I am 99.99997% sure.

• daystar
    daystar
    I am 99.99997% sure.

That .00003% will get you every time.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit