"You are starting to sound like an apostate!"

by MadTiger 15 Replies latest jw friends

• MadTiger
    MadTiger

Where does the line form to pick up my medal? Hahhaahha! This is what my best friend said. We were talking on the phone (we really don't have a lot of day-to-day contact. It is more intermittent). He is currently disfellowshipped due to a trumped-up charge at the urging of a company man "who knows a lot of the big shots and Bethel heavies." Sound familiar? I asked my friend why he wanted to get reinstated knowing that organization has problems all over. I have not even told him the basics that many here know about the pedophile thing, Malawi-Mexico, blood, etc. All he knows about is lying, unloving elders. I am starting to sound like an apostate.

• vitty
    vitty

It really doesnt take a lot to be accused of being apostate......................my daughter said I sounded like one. So I said I was really offended and it was like she was saying I didnt have a relationship with Jehovah, when all I was saying was about the WT not God. She apologized and then started complaining about the society too !!!!!!!!!

My husband expressed about having to record our hours on FS...................I think this is the first thing peeps complained about cos they know its wrong.................He was instantly accused of being apostate

Actually we couldnt give a flying .... but they fling this word around so easily, its self righteous, judgmental and it gives then an excuse for being totally rude.

• MadTiger
    MadTiger

In my case, I know my friend isn't of the self-righteous caste. Hell, he
    is far from that.

But he is FIRMLY entrenched in the imperfect organization, take-it-or-leave-it, "Where
    else would I go?" Mentality.

I told him on a previous occasion that if Jehovah instructed Jesus Christ to destroy me because
    I didn't put up with the lies, deceipt, and bureaucracy of the organization, then so be it.

If that is "apostate," then I guess I pick up my medal later.

• carla
    carla

I remember the first time my husband said that to me! With his eyes big as saucers and his jaw nearly hitting the floor! It was really funny because first of all I never was a jw so technically I can't be labled as such, secondly because he was well aware of all my print outs, C of C and literal library of anti jw books! I just thought to myself, my goodness they truly have sucked his brain out if he is just figuring this out now!

• gumby
    gumby
    All he knows about is lying, unloving elders. I am starting to sound like an apostate

Sadly, this is all most witnesses know about.

Even if a witness knows of the U.N. scandle, Malawi, Pedophilia within the organisation......they STILL feel the witnesses are the closest that they are ever going to come as far as finding truth. Witnesses don't go to war, salute the flag, celebrate pagan holidays, and they preach the Good News. These latter things are enough to keep the rank and file chasing the carrot.

Gumby

• Crumpet
    Crumpet
    So I said I was really offended and it was like she was saying I didnt have a relationship with Jehovah, when all I was saying was about the WT not God. She apologized and then started complaining about the society too !!!!!!!!!

I just wanted to congratulate Vitty on the above - very well handled!

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

It's typical of the WTBTS as with any other mind control cult to close all the escape hatches.

That way, when the gofor can't stand the lies and revisionist history and mental bullying, they don't say "I'm outta here" because they really are convinced that there is no place for them to go away to.

They believe if they leave, they will die. (They will) They think if they stay they won't. (They will)

Nobody seems to notice that Peter said "WHOM shall we go away to?" Not "Where". The WT lies when it says Christ is only with them. (They downplay him anyway).

HB

• moshe
    moshe

The ones left in the KH really are scared of Armageddon, I think. Why else would they put up with all the crap that goes on in the KH.

• MadTiger
    MadTiger

The ones left in the KH really are scared of Armageddon, I think. Why else would they put up with all the crap that goes on in the KH.

Very true. Or at least, in his case, it is the majority of the issue. "You know why I want to get reinstated! Don't even go there!"

• MadTiger
    MadTiger

UPDATE: Why am I such a prophet? My prediction I made to myself was that the next time my friend called, that he would have some snippy attitude with me while we conducted our business (I have been doing his taxes and a few other odds and ends for some time). Lo and behold, he did. Just a little more acid than the give-and-take we have routinely given each other over our 15-year friendship. Frustrated, I guess. I did not mention it before, because it didn't matter then, but a significant part of his frustration and shame is him trying to stay clean from cocaine (he is a functioning addict these last few years, I found out). He still likes his prescription drugs, and probably may still do those. meh.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit