DA'd over 3 months ago; not one word from the borg . . .

by exwitless 16 Replies latest jw experiences

• Hannah
    Hannah

I'm not surprised either. My husband and I DA's ourselves almost a year ago and no one has tried to call or visit. Our eldest children, 19 & 21, are baptized but have done the fade thing when we DA's ourselves and the local JW youths have been bad mouthing my kids ever since. Real christian-like behavior. Bravo to their parents for teaching their children some real christ-like qualities.

It's been a painful recovery for me. Born and raised a JW who wasn't supposed to graduated high school. Afterall, we were suppose to be in the paradise in 1975.

• Honesty
    Honesty

The only contact I have had with one of the two local elders I fired was when I called the one most looked up to by the congregation as being so 'spiritual' about two weeks later.

He didn't ask what I was calling him for.

He did say, "Don't ever call hear again. You've made your decision."

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother
    I was really prepared for at least one phone call before they announced our DA,

It just shows that they don't care . It all depends on the attitude of the Presiding Overseer. IF he wants to he can make a visit or get someone else to call. I have known times when the P O just brandished the letter to us without even having the b of e read it. "We can announce this on Thursday" would be the only comment .Once it is announced you are dead in their sight . They might make a call in year , but I would not bet on it .

As for the congregation's response , they are probably a bit confused. The new announcement, that "Exwitless is no longer one of Jehovah's Witnesses" is better understood on this board than it is in the congregation. Anyway, if somebody missed it, you would not be spoken of again so they may not know.

It reminds me of Orwells 1984 [part 2 : 5]

Syme had vanished. A morning came and he was missing from work: a few thoughtless people commented on his absence . On the next day nobody noticed him......... (Syme's name was deleted from the list)..... Syme had ceased to exist ; he had never existed
  • sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

I say, celebrate!

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I'm a little confused why one person shunned me and another was so sweet. When I was an active
    JW, the announcement of a DA or DF was a huge deal, and people made sure to spread the word to
    others who might have missed the announcement.

They could have actually just snuck the announcement in with no real shock value delivered.
    The gossippers could leave some sweet sister out of the loop as she would tell them to stop
    gossipping. Perhaps one or two don't know about the announcement.

I wondered that myself. If a person were announced, but others don't know about it, what is
    the JW approved method of telling them? FOR INSTANCE. If I DA, my family and friends in
    different congregations would not hear it. What is the JW obligation (not my obligation- theirs)?
    As an elder, I never had to do anything like call family or friends or BOE in other congregations
    about making an announcement. I have helped write a letter of restrictions when someone moved, but
    nothing else.

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

Greetings exwitless,

When I was announced, there was no formal contact with me. I found out through the grapevine. Rest assured that if the pea brained watchtower drones are acting differently towards you, you were announced.

Perhaps the older woman may have not heard as yet.

Dismembered

• jgnat
    jgnat
    never bothered to give a green poop

My teenage children figured out how to do this. Eat a roll of bubble tape candy, blue. It also turns your tongue blue. http://www.oldtimecandy.com/bubble-tape.htm

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit