Mad Apostate's Letter Worked, An Update

by Bstndance 14 Replies latest jw friends

• skyking
  • JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

I am impressed. Offers, stipulations, counter offers. I like your kind of people!! I guess if they aren't announcing anything, they have no right to have consequences to those who continue to associate with you. Awesome, Good Mommy!! I am happy when natural motherhood scores one over the big bad religious wolves that want to gobble up our instincts to be moms! I think that is one of the most evil things perpetuated in the congregations.

• choosing life
    choosing life

I am not familiar with your situation, but how did you get the elders to agree not to announce you as disfellowshipped or disassociated? I didn't think they ever discounted anyone's baptism as a JW.

I always believed, though if a person was below legal age, they should not be held to a decision to be baptised as a JW.

Congratulations on keeping your mother in your life and still living it on your own terms.

• Bstndance
    Bstndance

Thanks everyone again!! For those who don't know my story. I was baptized at 15. It's the same story as everyone (peer, parent, and elder pressure). I used their logic. I said something about if Jehovah can see into the hearts and minds of people then he knew I was never a witness and that the baptism meant nothing to him. I also asked my mom how many decisions would she let a 15 year old make.

At the end of the letter I took part of mad apostate's letter. I found it on here somewhere. Actually the post I found it from was written by Mulan. I have limited post formatting skills on this mac eeerrr but i think the link is: http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/18983/1.ashx

But I'm waiting to see what her letter contains before I start my victory parade.

• Undecided
    Undecided

There were 13 children in my mothers family, seven boys and six girls. My mother was the only JW. Three are still alive.

Ken P.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit