Mad Apostate's Letter Worked, An Update

by Bstndance 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Bstndance
    Bstndance

Wooo!!! Guess who called me today. My mom! I wrote her a really heartfelt letter that explained several things I don't agree with that the WTS does. I also explained that my baptism is completely null and void because my heart was never really there and that I was just trying to please my friends/family/elders. I reasoned that as they teach, Jehovah can see your heart condition, then he knew I was never really baptized. I then concluded with the bottom half of the mad apostate's letter to let them know they can not make any announcements etc etc.

It worked!! She called me and said I'm not going to be disfellowshipped or disassociated. She is also, not cutting me off because she likes talking with me. She said she's sending me a letter to stipulate the things that are off limits in our future conversations (probably religious stuff). I asked her if I could make a "counter-offer" after receiving her letter and she said "yes". We'll see what happens. I also think she's received a lot of pressure from the rest of her family that's non-JW (my brother, her mom and her 11 brothers).

• minimus
    minimus

Good 4 u! The question I have is---Is she going to tell the elders that she's not going to treat you differently? Or is she a strong person, unafraid of them???

• bubble
    bubble

Side point - 11 brothers!!!!!!!!!

• Bstndance
    Bstndance

Yeah, those damn French Canadian Catholic families. My dad has 8 brothers and sisters. I think my grandmother (mom's mom) has 11 or 12 siblings. Crazy!

I think she told the elders because her phone call wasn't until 3 o'clock her time which is enough time after the Watchtower study to facilitate a meeting. That would also explain why she has stipulations (commandments from the elders hahaha). I'm know everything is not back to normal but at least it's a step in the right direction.

• J-ex-W
    J-ex-W

Wonderful!!!

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

Alright, that is good news!!!

• Madame Quixote
    Madame Quixote

That's really great! I wish I'd had such a powerful "mad apostate" letter when I decided to leave, years ago - before anyone really used the internet much.

What is this letter? I'd love to see the Mad Apostate Letter.

Best wishes to you!

• esw1966
    esw1966

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

That is AWESOME! Gaining a member of your family back must be a WONDERFUL feeling!!! So HAPPY for you!!!

• moshe
    moshe

That is very good news- sometimes we do win a battle at the KH.

good luck!

• misspeaches
    misspeaches

That is definately worthy of a woo-hoo... Seems your mum just can't fight the natural love she would have for you despite the societies brainwashing.

Good for you for trying and suceeding. A good lesson is to be found here. Don't underestimate our JW family members.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit