Revelation book study. A look at Watchtower changes to prophetic meanings

by jwfacts 15 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Quandary
    Quandary

I really cannot believe the GB decided to expose, through a systematic study, throughout the next year and a half, all of those most embarrasing written "truths"!! I believe this will be real eye opener for many who are still on the fence about the validity of this organization as the "channel" God uses to communicate to mankind.

Q

• IronClaw
    IronClaw

thanks JW, I saved this for future use.

The Claw

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader

Interesting information, I bet you only scratched the surface on changing thoughts,

I wonder if they would ever just come out and say' Hey we were wrong", that would be more humble instead of Blaming God for changing the light as if men cannot take truth once all at one time but keeps needing to change it gradually.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts
    Im just wondering if its not too gnarly to be copy/pasted into an email to my brother... hmm dont wanna freak the kid.

Heretic, You might want to edit it a bit. If you just sent him the list of changes on the meaning of 1260 days it would have to raise question marks in his mind.

The new softcover does have the changes in it, but they aren't printing enough soft-covers for everyone, so they need the revisions for people who can't get a copy, and have to use their old hardcover book.

Zico, thanks I didn't know that. That means they will probably change it on the Watchtower CD library as well. They keep shifting the goals.

One thing I never understood about the 1260 days prophecy taught in 69-77, and 88-06 is, that WW1 began in July didn't it?

WW1 Started in July/August, the seven times ended in October, the 1260 days started (for the moment at least) in December. It always raised ?s in my mind why WWI started before the end of the Gentile times, before Satan was cast out of heaven.

DB most JWs have no clue as to the amount of changes that have taken place
    Q I really cannot believe the GB decided to expose, through a systematic study, throughout the next year and a half, all of those most embarrasing written "truths"!!

My thoughts exactly. The first time we studied the Revelation book I wrote every explanation in my Bible and almost idolised what was written there. When I studied the Revelation book the second time I was a bit put off by it. The explanations of conventions and magazine articles being prophetic seemed far fetched and weak. I could not understand why they would say the first part of a sentence was literal, and the next part figurative. If I had been given a list of 70 changes that would have rung warning bells even louder. If someone had shown me that the 1260 days had changed meaning 6 times I would have been floored.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

THanks for this post!

• cyberguy
    cyberguy

Thanks! I made a copy of this! Priceless--hehe!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit