Is the Watchtower really this decietful? Say it aint so. Really?

by icocer 22 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Madame Quixote
    Madame Quixote

Yes. I learned something new about their deceitfulness, reading this thread. I'll check out the website you posted, too.

So far, I have found a couple of extremely destructive theories of the Jehovah's Witnesses: refusing blood transfusions and disfellowshipping/shunning.

In my opinion, the worst of their deceptions, so far, is their writing/quoting on the blood issue.

Attorney Kerry Louderback-Wood has written a long, but very insightful article about that. She exposes many, many of the Society's misrepresentations, (of medical and academic material), used to support their cultic beliefs about refusing blood transfusions. The article is entitled "Jehovah's Witnesses, Blood Transfusions And The Tort Of Misrepresentation," originally published in The Journal Of Church And State, last year. It can be viewed at the AJWRB site, here:

http://ajwrb.org/index.shtml

A great deal of the criticism is directed at the Blood Booklet, but also includes some references to other articles and literature regarding the blood/transfusion issue.

It is well worth one's time and trouble to read the entire article (and to share it with medical professionals with whom you are acquainted).

• NowImFree
    NowImFree

Yes, I found this out too. They are really that deceptive. I realized when I researched the Trinity brochure that their "mistakes" could not have been unintentional, the stuff was so blatant and twisted. There is the page in the Trinity brochure that supposedly quotes the early church fathers and also quotes in the middle of the page that "none of the early church fathers believed in the concept of the Trinity". Well, then I actually looked up the actual writings and quotes from the early church father's writings and I couldn't believe what I found out. The Trinity brochure had totally misquoted them, or left sections out to make it sound like they were talking about one thing when they were actually talking about something else. And these church fathers are dead so of course they can't defend themselves, and the Watchtower must think most JWs will never research and they are right, most will just take what they print at face value. Another thing they do just like someone already mentioned, they use quotes from people who are anti-Christian or anti-Trinity and then they (Watchtower) represents these people they are quoting as orthodox, which is a total lie.

The Watchtower also makes it very difficult to figure out where they get their information and quotes, they are so sneaky. Their footnotes are pretty much non-existent so they make it really difficult to figure out where they are quoting from.

It was after researching the Trinity brochure that I realized the depth of the Watchtower's deception and I pretty much couldn't get out of the organization fast enough.

NowImFree

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader

abandoned that was good, perfect example of how it happens

but yes they are really dishonest, they quote, misquote and completely make stuff up to tickle the ears, get out and run for your life!!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit