Five Mistakes women make in relationships

by Wendy_Warden 39 Replies latest social relationships

• Justitia Themis
    Justitia Themis

1. Not demanding that the man take equal responsibility for the success of the relationship.

2. Not setting firm boundaries on what is and is not acceptable behavior.

3. Getting too far into a relationship without getting a background check and credit report.

4. Commingling funds.

5. Not getting a prenuptial agreement.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

4. Commingling funds.

5. Not getting a prenuptial agreement.

I strongly agree with these. These are a couple of the biggest mistakes I've made in my life, and they've soured me on the idea of ever getting involved in a relationship again. My mistake of joining the watchtower cult is a joke compared to the two listed above.

I think most of the mistakes listed in this thread are not gender specific. Both men and women need to protect themselves.

W

• sammielee24
    sammielee24
    Not demanding that the man take equal responsibility for the success of the relationship.

2. Not setting firm boundaries on what is and is not acceptable behavior.

3. Getting too far into a relationship without getting a background check and credit report.

I would change #3 to read - getting too far into a relationship without taking action if #1 and #2 are not being met. Religion and other people often pressure couples to remain together no matter the cost, but in the end if both aren't willing to take responsibility for behaviour and change that if necessary, then it there should be no couple.

• love2Bworldly
    love2Bworldly

3) Please be consistent. If you can excuse yourself for erratic behaviour because of your period why can't I
    ask if your weird behaviour is because of your period.

LOL some of these answers are really cracking me up.

I'm learning a lot, keep posting people. Maybe my next relationship will be more successful if I follow all these leads.

• Jez
    Jez

1. Not getting over past relationships before starting new ones (relationship jumping)

2. Not knowing who you are without a man by your side

3. Assuming YOU know how everything in a relationship should work, should look like etc and you just need to make him see your way.

4. Doing too much for him

5. Getting too caught up in everyday living and not just be your inner young, crazy, funny, impulsive, forgiving self that you were when you first were together.

Jez (yes, I am a woman, but this is what my husband and I came up with together)

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

My five:

1) Letting themselves get "comfortable" in a relationship, either with relationship maintenance, or personal maintenance.

2) Getting involved to cure their loneliness or to get a shot at motherhood before their biological clock goes off

3) Picking a man based on how he makes her feel instead of how he treats her (I know this goes against nature, but I might as well be honest that nature kinda buggers things up)

4) Controlling the relationship

5) Letting "baggage" pile up by avoiding self-improvement

Now, onto your friend....

He said that he had a girl who turned him down for dates ove and over again and then wanted to be really involed in his life on a highly personal level.

The problem is he's too damn desperate to fulfill some kind of "need" (probably happiness) that he believes the woman can provide. The hard cold truth is, the woman is only "needed" to reproduce (the same can be said for man). Happiness should come from one's self, not from someone else. If you friend keeps trying to build his life on the existance of a woman, his life is going to crumble if she should decide to leave him. He should be building his life on the existance of himself and his own happiness. That's when this woman won't matter to him.

Also, he should work toward dating women before deciding he would like to get involved in a serious relationship with them.

• J-ex-W
    J-ex-W

>tijkmo< --------- LOL So that's what I've been doing wrong! Now that we've cleared that up...how are we going to fix it? I see that you're clear over in Scotland, and I'm here in the United States. Which begs the question: Your place or mine?

• observador
    observador

1. not understand that man needs sex for biological/evolutionary/physical reasons
    2. not understand how serious #1 is
    3. expect a man to continue dating/be married with her after her disregarding his repeated requests
    4. spending lots of time and money on her looks and expect he won't make requests
    5. telling him you're in your period when requests are made

• tijkmo
    tijkmo
    The hard cold truth is, the woman is only "needed" to reproduce (the same can be said for man).

puhleeeeese

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    He said that he had a girl who turned him down for dates ove and over again and then wanted to be really involed in his life on a highly personal level.

Sounds like the female version of "Why should I buy the cow when I can get the milk for free?"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit