Five Mistakes women make in relationships

by Wendy_Warden 39 Replies latest social relationships

• serendipity
    serendipity

I'd like to offer a different perspective and answer a slightly different question:

1. Dating a bad boy, and being surprised if he is not nice and/or faithful to you.
    2. Focusing on his looks and/or money. If he doesn't have anything else to offer, you aren't going to be happy for long.
    3. Faking it. Dishonesty will come back to haunt you.
    4. Relying too much on common interests to sustain the relationship. Interests/hobbies change. Common values and goals will sustain it over the long haul.
    5. Not having a list of dealbreakers. Take the time to write down the 5-10 qualities/habits, etc. that Mr. Right should have, and the 5-10 things he can't have. If a guy you're dating exhibits anything on your dealbreaker list, move on. This could also be considered strategically minimizing heartbreak.

• misanthropic
    misanthropic

::1....not having me in it
    2...not having me in it
    3...having someone other than me
    4...and then having someone else
    5...excluding me

This explains a lot. *Writes on list to add Tijkmo to next relationship*
    ;)

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

yeah...and don't forget to wear those boots

• restrangled
    restrangled

1) Trying to control the other person

2) Trying to change the other person

3) See #1

4) See #2

5) All of the above

• Soledad
    Soledad

I have to agree 100% on what someone mentioned earlier---relying on your SO to be everything and meet every single one of your needs. It just doesn't happen that way. Getting engaged/married doesn't mean you have to ditch your life-long friends and drop all your interests. And if the guy demands this of you, get rid of him.

• zagor
    zagor
    ::1....not having me in it
    2...not having me in it
    3...having someone other than me
    4...and then having someone else
    5...excluding me

;)

1. you are in everything 2. you are in everything 3. there's no one else but you 4. and again no one else there 5. including you in everything This explains a lot * Not giving up on you*
    ;)

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

que???

tijkmo of the - not having a relationship with zagor - class....(that he is aware of)

• zagor
    zagor
    que???

tijkmo of the - not having a relationship with zagor - class....(that he is aware of)

LMAO I wasn't quoting you tijkmo at all, lol, have a beer mate, its on me

• zagor
    zagor

Maybe to add what I meant to with my eariler comment:

As long as people can talk to each other that is the main thing, my marriage failed because communication didn't work. But it is not fair to blame women for breaks ups or for relationship problems all the time which seem to be a standard practice. Many men don't really want to communicate or communicate only so far to find out when the dinner is or where "wife left remote". Unfortunately, sometimes it can happen that people are completely wrong for each other as it was the case with me and my ex wife, because we rushed into the marriage. So it was really for the best to go seperate ways and now we are both happy with our own lives. I don't believe in keeping the marriage just for the sake of kids. It is better for them to see that though parents can't live togheter they are happy in their new relationships which gives them realistic picture of life. I've seen several cases where people divorced in their later years because they kept it all together for the sake of kids. It really torn families appart more than they thought. Grown up kids often look at their parents as rock examples. When those rocks get shuttered feeling of uncertainty about their own future can be overwhelming.

For all men out there reading this, listen to your ladies, sometimes you'll screw up esspecially if you mouth is quicker than your brain, but most of them are truly genuine and love you otherwise wouldn't stick with you for that long so the least thing you can do is just shut up and listen.

• misanthropic
    misanthropic

::1) Trying to control the other person
    2) Trying to change the other person
    3) See #1
    4) See #2
    5) All of the above

This can also be applied to mistakes men make in a relationship.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit