NEWBIES: Just curious how you all found this site??

by Lady Liberty 29 Replies latest jw friends

• Jeepthing
    Jeepthing

Sort of newbie. Found this site by just typing jehovah's witness. I did this to prove my husband and his friends that they are wrong about jw but I ended up proving myself wrong. I couldn't take my eyes off this site and some other sites like freemind etc. I couldn't sleep for eat for several weeks and got sick. I felt so betrayed and numb. I couldn't believe all those things I was reading, especially about jw's teaching because my husband and his friends were already pointing those things out and were discussing with each other for long time. They did not get one any websites for talk to anyone except with each other. I shared some of things I was reading with them and they were amazed at how many of jws are out there feel same way with us. Amazing how the world looked small to us suddenly. We all decided to fade away from kh and took us about two years to do it. Jws at kh didn't know what to think of us or didn't realized until they realized all of us weren't there one day. We took turns to miss meetings, services, and even special meetings at assemblies. We never made anyone suspect us for anything but that we were busy with our home, family, and we were sick with something. After all I ended up proving myself wrong and saved my marriage. We were fighting alot over jw teachings before and we were heading for division in our marriage. Just think what my life and marriage would have been if I didn't research. I even got hold of R. F. and had couple of nice time exchanging emails. Very gentle and nice human being.

My husband never used anything but Bible to present his case to me and I was having hard time ignoring him after all jws take pride in themselves about being a serious Bible students and even bragging about how much they know the truth. My husband was the serious one with the Bible and I couldn't ignore him when he kept challenging with the Bible. One day, he just wanted to us(whole family ) start reading Bible and nothing else. Amazing how much you don't know the bible as jw untill you start reading the Bible without all those literatures for jw.

Anyway, didn't mean to write a long story. This site has been most helpful and full of informations and also addictive. I have learn alot from this site and the informations from this has been most helpful when it comes to talking to jws coming to our homes. We already knew about many things they were trying to tell us or missed from meetings. Made them feel uncomfortable that fact that we were so informed and able to counter act so good. I guess I should feel thankful to some of you out there even though I don't agree with some of you but that is my personal thing.

• Plummet
    Plummet

We got high speed internet at work and I Googled anything and everything I could think of, and one day I couldn't think of anything to google, so I typed in Jehovah's Witness and found this place. I took a lot of courage for me to come back to it after I figured out that it was a pozt8 website. Like many others I spent days and days reading all that I could.

<---------

Opps I'm not a Newb any more, When did this happen?

• exwitless
    exwitless

Googled Jehovah's Witnesses, then found "Beyond Jehovah's Witnesses", which has a link to JWD; been hooked ever since. By the way, Beyond Jehovah's Witnesses was extremely helpful to my husband and I when we first ventured out into the forbidden 'I'm going to research things for myself on the internet' land. That's where we also found out about Crisis of Conscience, which was a true source of enlightenment and comfort to me.

• MeneMene
    MeneMene

I also found it through Freeminds.org Net Soup. . . . Thanks Randy!!

• choosing life
    choosing life

I too found this site through the site Beyond Jehovahs Witnesses. The essays on that site were so well written, they softened me up to investigate further. Then I followed the link provided to this forum.

Haven't found a forum nearly as good as this one.

• Calico Ethel
    Calico Ethel

My good friends Schne_belly told me of the site and I started coming on here in September after going through a divorce earlier this year and deciding I wasn't going to go back to the meetings ever.

I am very glad I was told of this site. I never would have met such an amazing man if I hadn't And now I'm in love again.

• hopelesslystained
    hopelesslystained

After having walked away from being “raised in” back in aprox. 1977 , I became curious as to what was going on in the ‘organization’. This curiosity was stimulated by my ‘elder’ father and ‘bi-polar’ younger sister verbally attacking me after a family reunion which I attended. I was attacked on so called scriptural reasons (mind you, I have not been in a KH for 20 yrs.) because I had breakfast with my ex-sister in law the next day. Well, ex-sister in law since my ‘elder’ brother had obtained a divorce. This now ex sister in law had put him in jail for physical abuse! The damages to her are a matter of hospital and police record. She in the meantime had found another married jw to sleep with. This meant nothing to me. But yet,

Yes, my brother is still an elder for the jws! But she was disfellowshiped. ?Makes sense right?? NOT

I wanted to know what was going on within the org to explain these attacks. So I searched Jehovah’s witness and came to the official site which was putting forth nothing but the same old spew I had known as a child.

But..oh!! there were these other links as well. This surprised me as I had expected the witnesses to be much more obscure, certainly no anti-witness sites would be available since they had so much information control and no witness-ex-witness would ever put up negative information. Uhmmm, due to the condamination the society would put upon them. Yes, I was one of those idiots that thought the org had total control due to being
    ‘god’s earthly organization’, yet still. This was abt 4 yrs ago.

Duhhhhhh! Or a more current expletive, “dee d dee!”

So here I am and checking in on a regular basis.

Hope (Awake mag graduate)

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Im not new, but just read that http://members.aol.com/beyondjw has been discontinued. That was my eye opener, found through google, and it is sad to see the information will no longer be available.

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

Enjoying your stories.. thanks everyone!!

Sincerely,

Lady Liberty

• MsUrsy
    MsUrsy

Internet search....I put in Ex-Jehovah's witnesses, and found this forum...I like it the best because there is always something new to read on! Thank you posters!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit