Sensational news in my Cong!

by Zico 34 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• restrangled
    restrangled

This has been going on in Bethel for many years. One of my original posts was about 2 uncles who served in Bethel both being Gay over 40 years ago. One was of the anointed and DF'd the other was able to quietly disappear. The uncle who was Df'd eventually was reinstated but takes many cruises and treats boys fresh out of Bethel to these cruises with him. (All on the up and up ofcourse) The other uncle has been married his whole life, had many children (my cousins) and his wife, my Aunt, has literally lost her mind over the years after she discovered everything.

The atmosphere there is ripe for those inclined towards that lifestyle. Women are frowned upon and I believe there are very few married couples. It is mostly young men, fresh from highschool. Think about it, what young guy is going to run to Bethel? I may be wrong, but I would gather its young men not sure of there sexual orientation, looking for answers hoping that a couple of years in this prison might straighten out their feelings serving Jehovah full time.

Does anyone know how many members of the GB are actually married?

r.

• tijkmo
    tijkmo
    Come to think of it their apartment was beautifully decorated

so's mine...

and i'm not gay...

the bethel application has a question on it asking if the applicant has ever had homosexual tendencies..

i don't think you get accepted if you answer no..

• observador
    observador

The thing with double life is that it doesn't mean much in that the person can be df'ed, stop the double life, return, get df'ed again, stop the double life, and then return.

The exact sequence above happened recently with a female friend of mine. She's a single mother now.

She doesn't agree with everything in the Org, but she's so brainwashed that she concluded she had to return.

• observador
    observador

"i don't think you get accepted if you answer no.."

I don't think you get accepted if you answer yes.

• BCZAR2ME
    BCZAR2ME

LOL ! I wish I would have thought of that!!!

bczar

• Honesty
    Honesty
    The organization itself is evil. Jesus said you could idenify false prophets by the fruit they produce. [Matthew 7: 15-16] Alwayshere

That it is.

• Bstndance
    Bstndance
    probably not with the intention of causing trouble for the MS,

HAHAHA!! Come on. I know as a former JW if I had dirt on someone still in my "spilling the beans" would always be done with a purpose.

• Fleshybirdfodder
    Fleshybirdfodder

I also feel bad for the guy. I was in the "pioneer assist" program with an MS who came out of the closet on me and confessed he was in love with me, but that he wasn't gay because he didn't "approve" of that lifestyle. After I told him I had no problem with his orientation but wasn't in any way interested in that type of relationship he took off and downed a bottle of tylenol. Fortunately he was ok. He is married to a very hardcore Witness woman and is still living his lie, albeit in South Africa now. I miss him, he was a really good guy, but just couldn't be honest with anyone but me (including himself) and is still stuck in the cult repressing his true self. I wonder how many more are like him, torturing themselves. Sad.

FBF

• MsUrsy
    MsUrsy

Nothing in that religion surprises me anymore! We had a friend that we would drink with occasionally in the KH, he was a full blown alcoholic-drunkard! Most people who knew him, knew this about him! He was appointed to be an elder...lol!! We "gathered" with him and his wife and friends and family after he was appointed to be an elder...and he drank everyone in the room under the table, back up again, and back under! I think that was also, (along with a long list of other things), that made me realize what a lying, deceitful orgainization it was, (Elders appointed by holy spirit, sha, right!)....blah blah blah!!

"Lies, All Lies"

• Gerard
    Gerard
    The former JW told his family, who are still JWs, probably not with the intention of causing trouble for the MS, just in general conversation, but obviously the MS got reported to the elders, and he's got a JC coming up.

Come on! Gimme a break! Weather, Iraq, Jock-Itch are 'general conversation' topics, not: "By the way did you know your husband is a cheating gay?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit