Sensational news in my Cong!

by Zico 34 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• looking_glass
    looking_glass
    if he is ex-Bethel he prob was involved with other Bethelites. These guys, upon returning to the congo's are the worst Pharisees of them all.

Jeff, no truer words have been spoken. There was an MS in my old hall growing up and he returned from Bethel. Well he was famous for being a serial dater. I knew he was way more into just dating because he went out with a family friend who told me some interesting things after she had a few too many. Of course because he was part of the good-ol-boys club, no one ever investigated the many claims that the girls were making. So fast forward years and he wants to become an elder and he is told "sorry can't do that because of your rep, but if you get married, we will do it ASAP". So he marries this chick he has been stringing along for years. 3 months after they get married it comes out that not only did he hook up w/ (both prior and post wedding) with the maid of honor but also with his best friend's (his best man) wife. The reason it came out was because the made of honor ended up preggers after one of the many hook-ups. This guy was famous for wearing his time at Bethel as a badge. And I do believe that is why he was thought to be a catch (because he was not one and I could not stand him and made no bones about it) and the BOE also thought he was the next golden boy to lead the mindless sheep.

• Santisimo
    Santisimo

Growing up in the Borg, I remember a couple of 'undercovah bruthaz' who were clearly taking it up the 'poop shoot'. Nothing was done about it until some old sister caught one of them grabbing his buddy by the sack at the supermarket. Otherwise, he'd still be giving talks at the KH.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

I feel bad for the guy. The WT is so busy supressing normal human sexual emotions that when one deviates from the 'norm' it is terribly shocking. That they honestly feel that way doesn't matter. THat one persons family member had 3 kids -it is a disgrace for a congregation that cannot recognize that people don't fit into their idea of normal. I wonder what things happened before his marriage? Why did he make the decision? The disgrace is that a man would feel so much compulsion to 'hide' things that he has 3 kids. The entire family will suffer for it. Our society is not so condemning anymore as our religions are-so what drives that? It is truly an abusive situation when a man is out doing things contrary to his marriage vows, while keeping enough of his obligations to bring 3 kids into the world. Who starts the abuse? its messed up-cause who would chose it? It is compelled. And it hurts all of them, endangers the spouse(as any cheating does) and damages children and family relationships. We have seen what it does to people we care about. It ***** up everyones lives. Which is a sin. And its not the homosexuality that i am talking about.

• luvbug2007
    luvbug2007

My grandfather was gay, but no one outside our family new. My grandparents were also missionaries and he was and elder and if he did not get sick he was on his way to be a co or some sh** like that.

• Zico
    Zico

Update: He confessed that it was his profile, but denied doing anything with anyone within Bethel. He's been judged repentant (After 2 JC meetings, with the same elders, because they apparently couldn't decide if he was repentant after the first one) And so he's just got a public reproof and been removed as an MS.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit