Sensational news in my Cong!

by Zico 34 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• RR
    RR

He could have been framed? People post their pictures all over the net, I know I do, I could go on a site makeup a profile and use someone elses picture. Unless of course he's not denying it!

RR

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

Why do you think single women are rarely ever accepted to Bethel? It is easier to conceal the "sin of homosexuality" than it is to conceal an expanding womb.

• sir82
    sir82

I continue to be stunned at the utter & absolute oblivion that millions of people live in, posting personal details that they would prefer to keep hidden "in real life" on the internet, available for billions of people to see.

Do kids/young adults really think that 100% of persons over the age of 30 are completely computer-illiterate & will never discover what they openly post?

• MadTiger
    MadTiger

I love the fact that it drives home a point of contention many here share:

With regard to appointments, and their being guided by spirit, etc., this is yet another example of
    someone pulling the wool over the elders' eyes. There have been countless brothers (and in the case of
    pioneers and some special service, sisters) who have been appointed when they had past and current sins that,
    if were confessed, would have disqualified them.

Yet another point to show that we were lied to as far as what part Jehovah plays in the process.

• BrentR
    BrentR

It looks like the "holy spirit" has been taking alot of coffee breaks over the years. He most certainly was on his lunch break when my cousin was appointed MS.

• Alwayshere
    Alwayshere

The organization itself is evil. Jesus said you could idenify false prophets by the fruit they produce. [Matthew 7: 15-16]

• geevee
    geevee

The original poster also highlights another point, the living of a double life. Don't most dubz lead a triple life? One person at home, another at work and the another at the KH or in dub activities? And then there is the issue of orientation?.............

• Gill
    Gill

BrentR! 'Brokeback Bethel'!!!! Very funny!!

In all seriousness however, I feel sorry for the bloke. It may be 'sensational' for the congregation but for this bloke, it may well be the tearing apart of his life!

Very sad!

• Zico
    Zico

Very true Gill, 'sensational' was probably the wrong word, though I meant in the way that it will be a big shock to most people.

• aniron
    aniron
    Then, another guy, a very spiritual guy, also left my Congregation about 7 years ago, to go to Bethel, and came back last year

Well if he went to Bethel no wonder he came back gay.

Its not a new story heard it before about brothers and Bethel.

As mentioned about JW's leading a double life. I know of two JW brothers who were pioneers, and Min Servants but were both gay lovers. They kept the secret life for about 10 years until found out a couple of years ago. They were able to keep it a secret because it didn't cross anyones mind that two such "spiritual" brothers would be gay. They attended meetings, field service etc.

I can hear a sister now saying "But they were soooo masculine." Yeah they did have the sisters running after them. Trouble is that most expect gays to walk funny, have a limp-wrist and speak funny.

Come to think of it their apartment was beautifully decorated

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit