I can't sleep

by jayhawk1 21 Replies latest watchtower medical

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

For the longest time now, I can't sleep at night. What should I do? I've worked so many years at night and now that I have a daytime job, I can't seem to sleep at night. I've tried sleep aid pills, but the sleep feels artificial and I don't wake up rested.

What to do?

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Not sure how long its been for you, but you should probably talk to a doctor. If you are on any other meds it could be related. It may just be that your body needs more time to adjust and if you gradually adjust your sleep patterns (as much as possible) during this time, you can make the transition. For example, if you normally slept from 10a-6pm and now you are getting home around 6, you should go to bed as soon as you get home and gradually stay up later. You will get so exhausted at some point that i imagine you will sleep-but you sure don't want that to happen during your commute or while bathing a small child. . .see your doc if you are having much more trouble with this. Or tomorrow would work too! Lack of sleep causes traffic accidents, innatention to your job etc. That can be dangerous to you and others. Plus, you lose iq points, whether perm or temp I don't know, but personally, I need all I can get!

• OpenFireGlass
    OpenFireGlass

if your area/state allows medical cannabis, it might be worth checking out.......

PEACE, Mike

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

JWdaughter,

I'm not on any medications. An occasional allergy pill in the morning and Tylenol if I hurt something, but that's it. What does not help is I have nightmares when I sleep at night anymore too. You name it, in my dreams, bad things happen to me, my family, at my job, driving, you name it. I still dream about things that happened at the Kingdom Hall and I am 6 years removed from that. And I don't bathe small children, so I don't have that one to worry about.

The nightmares don't seem to happen when I sleep during the day. That is what makes this so strange!

OpenFireGlass,

Kansas will never make Cannabis legal.

• OpenFireGlass
    OpenFireGlass

OpenFireGlass,

Kansas will never make Cannabis legal.

then i might suggest moving to oregon or california...

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

I already own my house outright. Moving is a little late for me. You might as well suggested I move to Holland.

(All places I would like to see, but probably never will.)

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    For the longest time now, I can't sleep at night. What should I do? I've worked so many years at night and now that I have a daytime job, I can't seem to sleep at night. I've tried sleep aid pills, but the sleep feels artificial and I don't wake up rested.

What to do?

Me neider, unless I am very, very deprived of sleep, then I can fall asleep at a decent hour. Your bio rythms are messed up. The only time I could naturally fall asleep at night and wake up refreshed and early was when I moved from the eastern standard time zone to Oahu which is five or six hours difference depending on the time of year. It gets dark early there and the sun rises early. It's very bright and cheerful during the day. You find yourself suddenly a day person. It's very nice. Sigh. I couldn't stay there though. Only for nine months.

You might try full spectrum lights early in the mornings. to reset your biological clock. I noticed that Wal-mart has some of the bulbs at a very reasonable price.

Get your calcium and magnesium in balance, too.

• the_classicist
    the_classicist

I've read something like this before, but had to do a little search for some info: http://www.psychnet-uk.com/dsm_iv/circadian_rhythm_sleep_disorder.htm Speak with a doctor for help in regulating your sleep pattern. Explain your history of shift work. There are many different treatments for this such as taking melatonin.

• YoursChelbie
    YoursChelbie

Try some salsa dancing in the evening, that should tire you out.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/125671/1.ashx

YC

• mariposa
    mariposa

I don't have any good ideas for you to try, but I can commisurate with you. I go through phases of not being able to sleep and when I do I have crazy...insane dreams for the short time I'm out. I'm starting to think it's related to stress or overthinking about my life or problems in it. Why can't we all just live in paradise

Oh- I do have one remedy....2 jack and cokes make me veerrrry sleepy. Good luck!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit