Jehovah's Witnesses- Ever Increasing Religion 1,069,530 American Publishers

by Joker10 37 Replies latest jw friends

• The Scotsman
    The Scotsman

Well done Joker 10.

Increase is being seen across the world. Not everywhere - true - but as a collective group - yes.

Some complain that this increase is, to an extent, from within i.e. - born into the truth.

SO what?

As I have said here before - The faithless are clutching at anything to discredit the truth - even an increase!!!!! LOL!!!

And as is always the case - such ones do not offer an alternative to the truth, they just tear down.

Also, some are mentioning that other religions are showing greater rates of increase - Yeah - thats because they only need to attend 1 or 2 meetings a year and "SAY" they are in that religion to be counted.

How many "claim" to be Catholic? How many of them live up to the standards set out by the church leaders?

The answer to these 2 questions will be different.

Unlike Jehovahs Witnesses - they are only counted if they are "active publishers" - living up to their dedication.

• Terry
    Terry

There are approximately 300 million people in the U.S.

The majority are religiously oriented.

Jehovah's Witnesses have been promoting their brand for over 100 years. They've not been successful statistically by any measure normally appraised by usual standards.

The children of Catholics are automatically born Catholics. They've got built in growth stats you might say. JW's never come close.

Mormons have outstripped JWs by a long measure.

JW's like to selectively reveal half-truths while concealing contexts.

All Jehovah's Witnesses have managed to do is create a revolving door where new people coming in replace baptised members who are going out.

There are about 150,000 "missing" baptised JW's by the latest stats. What do you think happens when the number of EX JW's reaches critical mass?

• dedpoet
    dedpoet

The Scotsman said:

Some complain that this increase is, to an extent, from within i.e. - born into the truth.

SO what?

As I have said here before - The faithless are clutching at anything to discredit the truth - even an increase!!!!! LOL!!!

And as is always the case - such ones do not offer an alternative to the truth, they just tear down.

It's not a complaint, it's a fact. The jws "increase" is only sustained by their own birthrate, and while they are still able to blackmail young and pre teens into getting baptised, they will probably hold their own, numerically speaking. However, as we all know, many of these kids grow up and become inactive or leave altogether, so this kind of increase doesn't necessarily mean the jws are progressing. What are they going to do if they run short of kids to baptise - start on the infants?

As for ex jws clutching at anything to discredit the truth, what a joke! We don't need to look very hard to discredit the wts, they do that to themselves, and we don't need to offer an alternative to the truth, because the wts doesn't have that anyway.

The Scotsman is obviously a bigger joker than the joker who posted this thread, a true master of self - delusion.

• metatron
    metatron

It's still baloney, Scotsman.

"Living up to their dedication"? You lack proof for that, unless putting down mere numbers on a slip of paper each

month is what counts. You're correct to compare Witnesses to Catholics, however, because that's where the

organization is headed - a clergy class stuck with standards that the laity quietly ignore. This is why

nearly every US congregation I know is plagued with young Witnesses leaving, for example.

It's also why we now have 70 hour pioneers and 15 minute publishers. The real standards are dropping.

It's also why they keep begging ( oops! "reminding") about contributions despite cheaper books and Bethel

cutbacks.

"The Truth"? You mean after 130 years of false prophecy about Armageddon being soon?

metatron

• Dansk
    Dansk
    How many of them live up to the standards set out by the church leaders?

So why are you here?

Ian

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

Joker10,

Would you mind explaining for me why the WTS has published that only baptized JWs (and children too young to choose) will be spared alive through Armageddon, and yet they insist on using publishers as their primary measure of who is and is not one of Jehovah's Witnesses?

Many Christian churches only count baptized members as members, why do JWs count even unbaptized ones?

While we are at it, where is the Scriptural support for anyone unbaptized engaging in preaching and teaching about Christ? I only ask because you seem proud to demonstrate this proof that your religion has a glaring departure from Scriptural Christianity. I wonder if you ever thought about that. Sometimes, I even wonder if you ever thought.

While you breathe there is still hope that you will live before you die.

• james_woods
    james_woods

Statisctically speaking, I could make the point that the very first religion was the fastest growing (at least by percentage, like Joker wants to measure things)...and Satan was the greatest evangalist in history.

In just about 15 minutes, when Snake got Eve to eat the forbidden fruit, he increased his "religion" of knowledge of good and bad by 50%. In about 15 more minutes, when Eve showed Adam the "secret Apple" (wonder what she had to do to prove the point...), another 50% increase was achieved and at that point 100% of Earth's population was a believer in the "knowledge" of "good and bad". And, the sad thing is that the Bible account indicates that in fact, Satan told Eve the "truth", as they did see good and bad but did not die that day.

Apparantly, even God was taken by surprise at this "great increase" - look at his reaction when he caught them with the fig leaves.

Do we now see clearly why such statistics are so ridiculous?

• aniron
    aniron

Looking a "Jokers" figure for Britain.

In four years they have increased ...1,611 ....an average of 402 per year.

Yet this year they had 2,535 baptised. An average of 1.6 person per congregation. (1,512 congregations)

If it was say an average of 2,000 a year baptised we should have at least 128,800 JW's by now since 2002. But we are 6,389 short!

Also I remember when I left in 1999 there being an average of 127,000 approx and a peak of 132,000 publishers.

How can it be called an increase when you haven't even got back to where you were 7 years ago?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit