Christmas is Christian

by Amazing 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Amazing
    Amazing

FALSE REASONING: The WTS claims that there are only two birthdays mentioned in the Bible, both of which resulted in someone being killed. Thus, they conclude, that this is Jehovah's way of telling us that we should not celebrate brithdays, including the birth of Jesus Christ.

FACT: There are five birthdays mentioned in the Bible. The most important and celebrated is the birth of Jesus Christ himself. The day was so important that Angels sang from heaven, shedperds quaked, and Kings brought gifts to Jesus (albeit a little late). In fact these Kings worked in harmony with God by not telling Herod where the baby Jesus was dwelling. A star showed the birth place of Jesus. Of ALL birthdays on this planet, it was the most celebrated, and continues to be. No, the Bible does not require us to celebrate Jesus birth in any way, but the Bible does not condemn or prohibit us from such celebration. It is all a matter of conscience ... and my conscience says to enjoy the celebration of the birth Jesus Christ.

Merry Christmas Everyone,

Jim Whitney

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Merry Christmas Jim

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Merry Christmas, mine does too

• Honesty
    Honesty

Merry Christmas, Jim.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Merry Christmas Jim

• kls
    kls

Merry Christmas Amazing and too all

• AgentSmith
    AgentSmith

Merry Christmas Jim and a Merry Christmas one and all.

How I love saying that. Just sounds like a blessing doesn't it?

• CyrusThePersian
    CyrusThePersian

And a Merry Christmas to you, Too! (God, it feels good to say that!)

FACT: If Jesus or God didn't want their followers to celebrate birthdays, they would have said so. End of story.

Excellent point about the angels attending Jesus' birth, I actually used that scripture yesterday when talking to my Mother (a longtime witness) about birthdays, Christmas, and baby showers. Another good scripture is Romans 14:5-7.

So, like you said, God, Jesus and even the apostle Paul left the matter of celebrations open, so CELEBRATE!

CyrusThePersian

BTW What are the other two birthdays?

• AgentSmith
    AgentSmith

Job's children celebrated their birthdays, 'Their own day" (NWT) Job did not stop them at all, he just worried that they may have sinned if they partied too hard...

And he was a good man in God's eyes.

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

FALSE REASONING: The WTS claims that there are only two birthdays mentioned in the Bible, both of which resulted in someone being killed. Thus, they conclude, that this is Jehovah's way of telling us that we should not celebrate brithdays, including the birth of Jesus Christ.

The MOST momentous and wondrous birth in history ......is scoffed at today by the WTS that CLAIMS to be Christian!

They will go about preaching that Jesus is no longer a helpless infant in a manger, has come into full power and has been so since 1914 when Armageddon began. They claim that all "others" demean his importance by continually putting the Lord back into that manger each year at this time.

What they fail to realize IS.....the HOPE and renewal in the TRUE Christian heart.....as they reflect ON this miraculous birth....is what the angels, the shepherds and the wisemen marvelled at when this event occurred...

...and those who truly cherish just who and what Jesus IS....

....will praise and worship this One as they did so many centuries ago.

Just because some deluded and evil MEN have wrongly convinced their six million blind followers that celebrating, adoring and worshipping their Lord and Savior is a Paganistic practice....

....does not make it so.

I am SO grateful that I was led OUT OF HER, and no longer live under the rules of MEN.....and I now eagerly anticipate the yearly celebration of the day we know as Christmas.

Merry Christmas to YOU, Jim! You have given me many hours of enjoyable reading with your posts and your story.

hugs,

Annie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit