Christmas is Christian

by Amazing 17 Replies latest jw friends

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

In what sense is Christmas Christian?...Its origins are far from Christian.

Not that I have a problem with it at all, in fact to make up for the lack of it in my life I tend to regress at this time of year to about 10 years old; I can never sleep on Christmas Eve night; I love giving and receiving gifts and making merry. Regardless of its origins I love this time of year!

DB74

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

Merry Christmas to all!!!

Gary

• ackack
    ackack

This is exactly why I don't celebrate Christmas. I'm not a Christian, so why would I? Besides which, I strongly object to Christmas being a national holiday in a culture that is increasingly pluralistic.

ack & ack

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974
    This is exactly why I don't celebrate Christmas. I'm not a Christian, so why would I? Besides which, I strongly object to Christmas being a national holiday in a culture that is increasingly pluralistic.

Bah Humbug to yer...LOL

I agree to an extent however it is far from a religious festival these days anyway; I am more inclined to celebrate the winter solstice but depsite not being christian it hasnt stopped me from putting up a tree and buying gifts as others do.

Generally for me its a time of celebration and I dont need an excuse for that.

Gary

• GoingGoingGone
    GoingGoingGone

Merry Christmas to you Jim, and to everyone else too!

Its origins are far from Christian.

Good point... And Christ wasn't born on Christmas day. Not that I have anything against celebrating Christmas, but it doesn't seem like a true rememberance of Christ's birth when it's on the wrong day.

GGG

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

Well I'm not christian, but I want to wish those that are a very merry christmas. For the rest of you, happy holidays. For the other pagans such as myself happy yule or solstice!

Sherry

• PopeOfEruke
    PopeOfEruke

Australians have a public holiday in June for the Queens Birthday! But the queen was born in April!!

It doesn't matter if the day is not correct, it's the thought that counts!

Celebrations are good and have been part of the human species since our origin. All human civilisations have celebrations!! It's in our genes.

Just enjoy it! We'll all be dead soon enough anyway.

Merry XMAS everybody!!!

Pope

• toreador
    toreador

So what are the other 2 birthdays mentioned in the bible JimW?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit