Posting elders names involved in your dismissal

by Tyrone van leyen 28 Replies latest jw friends

• Tyrone van leyen
    Tyrone van leyen

I have been reluctant to post my bio because when I wrote It, I was angry. It's not that bad although a little long. The one thing thats stopping me is I have posted their names on it. When i'm angry I want to post their names. I don't know however, if this is the right thing to do cause when i'm not mad I think that some of you were elders and you had families but you arn't jerks anymore. In theory they are not supposed to be on the net but they could hear about it from someone else. But why should I care. Did they afford us any annonymity? But then again two wrongs don't make a right do they? Yet they are the continuously the perpetrators of injustice. How do some of you feel about this. Just wondering. I'm not sure if that would help me or if it even matters. but it might help me to decide what to do, to hear what some of you have to say.

• restrangled
    restrangled

As I understand, we are not suppose to post names here due to libel. If the owners of this forum were to be forced they would have to disclose the names of those revealing names. They might also be held accountable themselves.

For your own protection and those of the owners of this forum I would just leave blanks as to names.

r.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

If you don't care who would know who you are, then it really doesn't matter. Perhaps the lurkers that know them will tell them what you said. If that doesn't matter to you, it might help them.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Oh, nevermind.

• Gopher
    Gopher

Share the experience you had, and you will get lots of support from people who have had similar treatment at the hands of these so-called 'shepherds'.

Posting names opens you up to legal trouble.

• jst2laws
    jst2laws

Tyrone,

You already have some good reasons for not posting names. Go with that.

And your right about anger. You came by it legitimately. But use caution when emotional.

Steve, a former elder who regrets much

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

Put the letter in the donation box and make it anonymous.

• Tyrone van leyen
    Tyrone van leyen

Whew, thank god I asked that question. I post my name because I refuse to be ashamed of this. Iv'e lived with shame for too long. However a mistake such as the one above could have ruined things for me. I'll get the hang of this, Thanks folks. incidently if their wasn't libel suits involved would you do it?

• restrangled
    restrangled

Tyrone, if I could I would post names in a minute. I checked, they are all still alive and all in the same area. But that would be shooting myself in the foot.

By the way, I love your name, I named a cat that once, A huge Black and White 1/2 Persian Male. He was a real prize and an absolute love. Some one ran him over and broke his hips. It took him two days, but he crawled back to me with that broken body. I was in an apartment on the second floor and he spent hours calling for me in that front lawn after the 2 days. He was a real trooper. .....sounds like you are too!

Keep posting......

r.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

ADMIN or mods would edit any names out.

JWD is too valuable to have the WTS blowing down our necks. We want to be around for a long long time

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit