Anyone still have an old "call book"?

by Ariel84 19 Replies latest jw friends

• Ariel84
    Ariel84

I was just curious if anyone still has their old call book(s); I have no clue what happened to mine. Someone was talking about bloodguilt on here recently, which made me think of return visits and how I used to feel panicked about being bloodguilty if I did not get back to them.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

I still have my old service bag from 83 but no call book.

• TheHypnoToad
    TheHypnoToad

Yep, my service bag is still packed with stuff from 2 years ago (can I still place it?), in fact i think my meeting bag is still packed from 1 year ago. We still have a ton of JW books out in the garage (sadly there are some up on our bookshelf).

Is there market for this stuff on Ebay?

• inactive in jersey
    inactive in jersey

no, i don't have it anymore, however i still see some of my return visits at work. sometimes i wonder if they remember me from there doorstep. hopefully they don't.

• merfi
    merfi

I was going to go digging for mine... and go back to all my RVs and apologize and give them some truth about the troof. On my list of "spiritual goals for this service year"

~merfi

• Ariel84
    Ariel84

I was thinking the same thing Merfi. I feel bad for knocking on all those people's doors and bothering them with all the WTBTS nonsense.

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

So you feel bad about bothering people about Watchtower stuff enough to go bothering them about anti-Watchtower stuff.

• merfi
    merfi
    So you feel bad about bothering people about Watchtower stuff enough to go bothering them about anti-Watchtower stuff.

prolly not. It's usually just a passing thought because of the guilt at bothering them with cult material in the first place. I'm pretty non-confrontational, so won't ever do it I'm sure... I just have some regrets that haven't been fixed, kwim? Peace,
    ~merf

• Ariel84
    Ariel84

No Jayhawk I said I was "thinking" along those lines. Its the thought that counts

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

I just had to smile. My call book was without a doubt the first thing I threw out. Jehovah says he would make the stones cry out to get his message out there. I would rather see that than some frumpy JW standing on my porch. So that scripture told me going on return visits was a waste of time.

Which would you rather see...

...a talking stone?

...a poorly dressed JW with the latest Watchtower?

I rest my case!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit