I NEED ADVICE DESPERATELY!!!

by concerned fiance 46 Replies latest jw friends

• OhHappyDay
    OhHappyDay

Dear Concerned, thank U for your personal e-mail.
    I would really apreciate letters from your fiancee to be sent to my mail account. And I promise that if it shows to be of greater value to talk to him I'll call him at a number he gives me. That may be safer than he calling me. Since you've never been a Witness before it may be difficult to understand such secrecy. But he will, I assure You. Take care. HappyDay

• princecharmant
    princecharmant

Concerned,

I am sorry indeed for misinterpreting your intentions. I know this must be a very sensitive subject to you, and I want to apologize for being rather callous in my remarks.

You've received a lot of good and sensible suggestions, even offer to help. I wish you the very best in untying this knotty issue.

pc

• OhHappyDay
    OhHappyDay

Concerned,
    please do not missunderstand that I did not sent you a phone number, yet. Feel free to mail me again.

• concerned fiance
    concerned fiance

OhHappy Day,

Thanks for the email. Sorry I haven't emailed back. The only problem is that my fiance does not have access to email on a regular basis, so it is difficult for him. I will try to tell him to email you soon.

• concerned fiance
    concerned fiance

I thought I would update the group on what happened this past weekend. My fiance and I met with his brother and sister-in-law (who never left the faith) and one of the elders from the congregation. We began with me asking a question on the validity and proof of the 607 BCE date that is relied on by Watchtower publications and teachings. The elder wanted me to tell him all my questions first. I hesitated because I did not want any of my questions to go left unanswered. But, I ended up giving a brief overview of the topics for all my questions (like 20 things...i have been doing some serious research and Bible studying in preparation for this meeting). After I said these topics, the elder said: "Excellent, very good, very good questions..." "But none of those questions are important right now, what is important for you to understand and think about is who is God, who is Jesus Christ"...The conversation went on like this with him trying to direct us to Genesis 1:1 and John 17:3 (I think thats what it was) and an Ephesians scripture...I felt like I was totally getting the runaround. After two hours, NOT ONE QUESTION got answered. I was so frustrated, as was my fiance (because he had questions as well to ask). Later, his brother and sister-in-law called and expressed their apology for what happened and that they really wanted to answer my question, etc. But, to me (and I told this to my fiance) I thought it was significant that an elder in the congregation was so skirtish about real questions that I had.

What do you all think?

• OhHappyDay
    OhHappyDay

Hi Concerned,
    my phone number is in your mailbox, ok?

• concerned fiance
    concerned fiance

thanks OhHappyDay

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit