Wussie Henpecked Men will not Inherit the Kingdom

by gumby 29 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• anewme
    anewme

That is just horrible advice. Criminal to place themselves in the position of Gods spokesperson and teach people such spiritual lies like this.

Why on earth do people place such great confidence in the uneducated writers of the Watchtower publications?

Sad sad sad.

From this early beginning it is no wonder that women feel rather invisible and second rate among this group.

And also no wonder, within their marriages, JW men and women hone this attitude which leads to unhappiness and marital discord.

Since leaving the JWs I have had the opportunity to observe marriages where there is a balance of power between the husband and wife. This balance works quite well and while neither has total control, each has partial control, and this results in a very healthy marriage psyche, with both partners feeling worthy.

Thankyou Gumby for the trip down memory lane in the old JW books.

• gumby
    gumby
    From this early beginning it is no wonder that women feel rather invisible and second rate among this group.

And also no wonder, within their marriages, JW men and women hone this attitude which leads to unhappiness and marital discord.

Anewme.....very well stated.

If you read a current publication it would encourage men to treat their wives as a 'weaker vessel' and open the car door for them or any other door, yet in this older publication in a different era says to not even tip your hat to a woman.

Here this organisation speaks of Jehovah guiding it, yet various decades have various teachings and attitudes within it.....go figure.

Gumby

• belbab
    belbab

Didn't Rutherford also refer to women as a hank of hairand a bag of bones?

belbab

• Anitar
    Anitar

You know what I would do if I was Rutherford's wife?

Wait until he's asleep, then cut it off!

Anitar

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

So being polite and acting like a gentleman used to be thought of as being a scheme of satan? How did they ever get people to believe this crap?

I wonder what the sisters thought when they read it, imagine being turned in to the elders for showing good manners

• belbab
    belbab

Here's the reference for Rutherford's comment:

Questions for those with knowledge of The Judges time:

I was told that The Judge used to say to brothers who were thinking of leaving Bethel service to get married: "How could you ever think of leaving God's house for a'hank of hair and a bag of bones'

belbab

• Mary
    Mary
    For instance, when men are sitting at a table and a woman approaches, all the men arise and pay her homage and thereby elevate her to a place above men. The men remove their hats upon entering an elevator, if a woman is present; and these things are said to be acts of respect and to show that a man is a gentleman. But it is subtle, and the real meaning is much different from that. It is a scheme of Satan to turn men away from God and from his announced rule of the proper position of man and woman. The Lord has declared that no effeminate man shall inherit the kingdom of heaven. (1 Cor. 6:9) This proves that the scheme or habit of paying homage to women is not of God,but from the great enemy of God.

Ya.....his name was Judge Booze Ratherf**ked-in-the-head. What a jerk! I've never read this before...........gee, and he wonders why his own wife couldn't stand him? I realize that this was written long before Women's Rights, but men of the day realized that that was considered "good manners" to stand up when a lady entered the room.

Ya, thanks Brother Gumby for getting me all riled up.......

• gumby
    gumby

Ya.....his name was Judge Booze Ratherf**ked-in-the-head. What a jerk! I've never read this before...........gee, and he wonders why his own wife couldn't stand him? I realize that this was written long before Women's Rights, but men of the day realized that that was considered "good manners" to stand up when a lady entered the room.

Ya, thanks Brother Gumby for getting me all riled up.......

LMAO @ Mary. Damn how I love to get her pissed.

It's too bad all the women in the organisation didn't tell Rutherford to kiss their ass back then......that would have showed that lush to keep his arrogant mouth shut.

I wonder how women today would respond to this attitude and what he wrote....I really do? Witness women today have enough of a hard time accepting the "weaker vessel" role, but Rutherfords ideas today I don't believe would have gone over too well. Apparently, Jehovah decided to have men show women some respect since Rutherfords ideas on this are now obsolete.

Gumby

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff
    If you read a current publication it would encourage men to treat their wives as a 'weaker vessel' and open the car door for them or any other door, yet in this older publication in a different era says to not even tip your hat to a woman.

Jw's just have to be different don't they?

During the time when most men were still gentlemen in the presence of a lady - Jw's were not allowed to be.

Now - when Jw's are allowed to be - most the rest of mankind has stopped being gentlemen to the ladies.

Twisted up world I tell ya'. I still [and always did] respect ladies and open doors and tip my hat. I still do. I guess I am risking effeminantinity. Is that a word?

Thanx Gumb for the post. I gotta go back and read Mary's response.

To Mary --------------------> I will always tip my hat to ya' lass. I know better than to not!!! LOL

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M
    Didn't Rutherford also refer to women as a hank of hairand a bag of bones?

That is so funny you remind me. I was just thinking about that phrase the other day. I remember my grandmother (grammy) using that term. Now I know where she heard it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit