What Would Make A Jehovah's Witness Decide To Finally "Get Out Of Her"?

by minimus 22 Replies latest jw friends

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I agree with SSPO that unless the GB announces that everyone should go, many will stay. I do see one possibility. The faithful JW continue to die, the numbers dwindle as virtually no new recruits are tricked, so the GB takes radical actions to continue the contributions. The remainder hate it, and leave.

• bernadette
    bernadette

Minimus, In my own case it was the lack of freedom and also seeing the emotional harm done to those who couldn't keep up with the schedule due to health reasons.

Then finding out about the lying etc gave me the push I needed to get out.

One brother and sister at bethel always says they are alll mostly fake at bethel. But they still soldier on - I wonder what would give them the push to leave?

• uninformed
    uninformed

It took decades for me to leave, during which all but the last years I was an elder.

The 95 WT change on generation really cut me deeply, as during my youth, I had made a deal with myself that if they ever moved away from 1914 that I would quit. They were sly on this one, but I knew what they were doing.

During the 80's all the "faithful and discreet slave" bull crap really depressed me. Sometimes I would actually scream and cry.

The neutrality change in the 90's hurt me deeply too, as I went to prison in my youth for the sake of neutrality.

Finally, the day I actually quit believing was the day I read the following WT, even thought I was a P.O. at the time:

w978/1p.11ServingLoyallyWithJehovah’sOrganization***

God’s earthly organization today is far superior to the Jewish system with its temple. Granted, it is not perfect; that is why adjustments are made at times. But neither is it riddled with corruption, nor is Jehovah God about to replace it. Never should we allow any imperfections we perceive within it to embitter us or move us to adopt a critical, negative spirit. Let us, rather, imitate the loyalty of Jesus Christ.—1 Peter 2:21.

I resigned in 2001 and tried hard to continue going, wondering what Jehovah was doing, but finally in 2005, after communication with the BOE and the WT Governing Body by letter and meetings, I quit.

The final straw was at the June 2005 District Convention when the Bethel Speaker (Loesch) stated, "We need to give our full allegiance to Jehovah's Visible Organization. I didn't say amen to that prayer, and left the assembly, NEVER ONCE GOING BACK, AND NEVER WILL.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Brant

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit