Don't Quite Know What To Make of This

by XJW4EVR 39 Replies latest social family

• XJW4EVR
    XJW4EVR

I had my kids last weekend, and they seemed hapy, and content. I called a couple of times earlier this week as usual, to see how they are doing, and got the answering machine. No mystery there. Both my kids are heavily involved in band, so they are usually out with their mom doing band related stuff. The fact that they don't return the calls didn't phase me. So I called them this afternoon, and the number is now disconnected. I am slightly perplexed, so I call my ex at work and was told that she quit two weeks ago.

I am not a frantic type, but the thought has entered my mind that she has taken off with the kids. I do not have my ex-mother-in-law's phone number, as she is still a JW, and doesn't want to have anything to do with me. So I am kind of at a loss as to what to do next. I called an attorney friend, and he instructed me as to what to do next. I really don't want to do that. That, being take out a warrant for her arrest on the charges of kidnapping. I am going over to her apartment tonight, and hopefully everything is cool. Hopefully.

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

Wow. Definitely go check it out. If she's not there, it couldn't hurt to knock on a few neighbor's doors to see if they know what's going on with her. If she moved out, surely one of them would've caught it.

I hope the best for you!

Dave

• V
    V

I hope you have court-ordered visitation. If so you have all the power of the law. Best wishes.

• Apostate Kate
    Apostate Kate

It doesn't look good. If she has left town and taken the kids you have no choice but to report it to the police. Please let us know.

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

It all sounds too strange doesn't it? Let us know how you make out - we're all hoping for the best for you and your kids. sammieswife.

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

I hope you find her, and the kids, and that this is just a weird series of events.

btw, I also hope that you won't be an ex-JW for ever... I hope that one day you'll be an ex-ex-Jw... that one day you'll realise that you've really been able to put the JWs behind you and moved on. If that makes sense.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

That sounds unnerving. I hope you take whatever steps you need to to resolve this. Good luck!

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

Hey, I hope everything is OK

Let Us know.

purps

• Swamboozled
    Swamboozled

bttt because this has been on my mind all weekend. I hope everything is okay.

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

This doesn't sound right at all.

As much as you hate to do it, I think you may need to have a warrant issued. Missing person's report at the very least...

Hope this works out alright for you.

-Aude.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit