Star Trek: Enterprise: What did you think?

by slipnslidemaster 35 Replies latest jw friends

• slipnslidemaster
    slipnslidemaster

Nipple Meld. Priceless.

Subcommander Ni'pple. Priceless.

7 of 9 coming back in time to "mind meld" with T'Pol. Priceless.

I grew 1" of hair on my hands just last night alone. I can't wait until next week. I hope that I can still see the TV.

Slipnslidemaster: "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

- Ben Franklin

• Seeker
    Seeker
    For those of you not familiar with the original series, T'Pau shows up in at least one episode that I can think of, she apparently was some Vulcan big-shot who had parted ways with the Federation...she presided over Spock's "wedding"...does anybody remember this episode??

I remember it ("Amok Time"). But this is not the same Vulcan character, despite the similarity in name.

• conflicted
    conflicted

I really like this show. I am a star trek fan from way back, love the original, love Next Generation, but I didn't get into the other two shows (DS9 and Voyager).

I like the idea of it being near future, and the beginning of Starfleet, it's gonna be good.

I think they did a good job of making the technology look less sophisticated than the original - that is essential to make the series work, but hard to do since the original had some pretty lame equipment made from cardboard cutouts and tin foil.

Overall I dig it.

• slipnslidemaster
    slipnslidemaster

Slipnslidemaster: "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

- Ben Franklin

• betweenworlds
    betweenworlds

Did anyone see the Deep Space Nine episode where they went back to the original enterprise? They did special effects to make it look they (Sisko, Worf, Julian, O'Brien & Dax) Were actually in one of the original episodes (The trouble with tribbles I believe)? Julian after seeing the Klingons remarks to Worf "Those are kingons?????? What happened to them?" and Worf looks embarrased and says something along the lines of "We don't like to talk about it" Pretty funny episode.

Anyhow I thought about that episode when I watched the premiere of Enterprise last night That, and I was thinking how much more advanced their ship looked than the starship enterprise from the original series LOL.

I also vote for Romulan for the time shift guy! I was thinking possibly Vulcan, but he spoke of the Vulcans in a way that made me think he wasn't one.

Anyhow....I liked the new show fairly well. I'm sure it will get better as it goes along, just like all the other ones did. All in all, not too shabby. I'm just glad to have my Star Trek back! Was starting to go into withdrawel LOL

BW

"The important thing is to not stop questioning" Albert Einstein

• myMichelle
    myMichelle

Big Trek fan since The Wrath of Khan came out (when I was old and/or brave enough to watch the original in syndication without clamping my hands over my eyes)...

I really enjoyed last night. I felt some trepidation during the opening credits--what's with the guitar music??? But overall, I think it was the best premiere of a Star Trek show ever. Just compare it with TNG, can we say wooden and too much theme music? Even DS9 and Voyager seemed to have this stilted dialogue for their first shows, it seems that this has finally been smoothed out.

My husband and I did talk about the Klingon appearance, but decided to take Worf's comment about it being something Klingons don't talk about, and not pay too much attention to as well. Can't get too hung up on such continuity and other assorted errors, as all of the shows have, or I won't enjoy watching it.

I agree someone's comment above regarding "the shower scene", if they needed to rub that salve to get rid of contamination, they did indeed miss a few parts. Guess they just had to throw in that scene to show us that it is cold in space.

Waiting for next week, especially since Buffy premieres then too. I know, I know, but I like the show and I know I'm not the only one here at JWD that does.

Michelle

• Esmeralda
    Esmeralda
    Guess they just had to throw in that scene to show us that it is cold in space.

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!! You're killing me *LOL*

I'll tell you what, though. If those aren't implants, I'll eat my hat. She and Seven of Nine must have plastic surgeons from the same planet: Silicone.

And I'm not saying that out of sour grapes either, cause those chicks got nothing on me, okay? About 2 years ago there was a great debate at my job over whether mine were real or implants. I had no knowledge of the betting pool on this until finally one of my co-workers just asked me outright (and all my coworkers were women, BTW!) *LOL* I almost fell over. I said "I assure you, these were factory installed, not optional aftermarket add ons."

So Blalock and Ryan ain't got nothing in that department on me. Some of us just choose not to put it all out there for the world to see.

And the world DID see LOL.

At least Ryan kept her bra on!

Michelle, I will do my BEST to catch up to you via e mail soon, been thinking of you and missing you. I burned my right hand last night and so typing is tricky. But I just can't let this thread go, it's too hilarious LOL.

No comments from the peanut gallery about only typing with one hand, got it? *LOLOL*

Man I am in a wicked mood today :)

essie

• NameWithheld
    NameWithheld

What channel was this on? What day/time? Don't want to miss it next week!

• betweenworlds
    betweenworlds

It will be on your local UPN network at 8:00 (EST) Wednesday night.

• betweenworlds
    betweenworlds

LOL to essie!!!!

I was thinking the same thing! Definately silicone. But that doesn't seem to phase the male population

BW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit