Star Trek: Enterprise: What did you think?

by slipnslidemaster 35 Replies latest jw friends

• Seeker
    Seeker

We don't know how first contact went with the Klingons since we don't know what the Klingon said to Archer.

Who was the temporal guy giving instructions? Don't read on if you don't want a spoiler...

I have read that these are humans from the future from the parallel universe (or at least a parallel universe, not necessarily the "Mirror, Mirror" one) who are trying to mess with the past so that humanity gets to rule the galaxy in the future, and not be merely one of the players as the Federation. They want a more fascist-like human future and are trying to nudge things in that direction.

• CornerStone
    CornerStone

Hello SSM,

I enjoyed it. I liked the way they tried to bring "the future" closer to our century. Only so much you can do in an hour tho.

But that gel/body lotion/shower scene was HOT!!!

Mmmmmmmmm, gel/body lotion/shower scene, Arrrrrrrrrrgththththththt.

CornerStone

• Introspection
    Introspection

"What is it with you, anyways?" -McCoy in Star Trek VI

• Esmeralda
    Esmeralda

Okay, I wasn't gonna be the first one to say it, but since you already brought it up...

"Nipple Meld"

I have got to tell you, that after that scene I said to my hubby "Whoa! From now on, that chick will be known to me as SubCommander Ni'pple. (if you say it right, it can rhyme with T'Pol) *LOL*

Overall, I just loved it. Loved, loved, loved it. In honor of it, I'm putting my trek related avatar back up. :) :) :)

Anyone who wants my indepth review of the show is welcome to e mail me and I'll forward it along *lol* It includes my nominating Yoshi for the "Wesley Crusher" annoying crew member award, wondering why so many guys were running around in their Hanes and wondering if anyone else thought of the blonde chick from Galaxy Quest like I did when Yoshi was translating.

Love the british guy, Reed. Think he's gonna be my new favorite. Archer kicks major ass too :)

I am one happy trekkie this morning *lol*

hugs and love to all
    essie
    (who would definitely be Bajoran if she wasn't human) :)

• AuSet
    AuSet

For those of you not familiar with the original series, T'Pau shows up in at least one episode that I can think of, she apparently was some Vulcan big-shot who had parted ways with the Federation...she presided over Spock's "wedding"...does anybody remember this episode??

As for the decontamination scene...wow!! She was not wearing a bra, didn't know you could do that on TV...

• julien
    julien

"Subcommander Ni'pple" is good, but I prefer "Countess Nippula"... anyway what a hottie.. I love Star Trek (can't wait for STTNG 5 day marathon on 10.1) but even if I wasn't I would almost watch it just to see her in the skin tight outfit and future (hopefully) rubdown scenes..

Scene: T'Pau and Men getting ready to go to a planet
    Doctor: the atmosphere is compatible so there shouldn't be any problem breathing
    Male party members: what about harmful contaminents, where can we find those?

• ballistic
    ballistic

DON'T SPOIL IT!!!!!!!!!

• bboyneko
    bboyneko
    hmmm didn't watch it, but is there a new West Wing on tonight or not?????

If it dosen't have me in it don't watch it.....hehehe

but yeah the season premiere was great. If you are very hardcore youll be pissed because they tossed continuity out the window in favor of a more updated look. Granted, what they showed of the technology to me is realstic considering its supposed to be like 150 years in the future and most of the techology is from vulcans.

One major glare: klingons have their forehead ridges even though in the original series and in the deep space nine trials and tribblatiosn episode they show klingons without.

I'm fairly certain the oil rub scene was originally written without any oil rubbing, it was probably set as they are walking down a hallway or in the dining area. It seems so tacked on..how can anyone hold the conversation they were holding while rubbing oil on themselves and each other?

My prediction...n'ple will fall in love with the southerner and then the southerner will die. :) Also expect episodes dealing with captain archer's dog, Porthos.

The Trouble With Porthos

During crucial first contact talks with a race of tiny bone-shaped aliens, porthos runs off with their supreme commander and buries him somewhere, sparking an epic intergalactic war.

In space, you can't take dogs for a walk
    Porthos wanders into the warp core room and takes a piss on the warp generator, stranding the enteprise in deep space.

Vi, vine, Itchy
    Porthos is invaded by a race of super-intelligent fleas who plot to overthrow the enteprise. The ship is saved when porthos is thrown out an airlock.

• Esmeralda
    Esmeralda
    Vi, vine, Itchy
    Porthos is invaded by a race of super-intelligent fleas who plot to overthrow the enteprise. The ship is saved when porthos is thrown out an airlock.

ROFLMAO! I loved the dog. Just too damn cute.

• finnrot
    finnrot

7 of 9 goes back in time and falls in love with the Vulcan chick. They don't even need a plot, I'm there every week.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit