Do You Know What I Hated About Service?

by Legolas 35 Replies latest jw friends

• Legolas
    Legolas

Well other then going out that is....LOL...I was the one, I would say 8 times out of 10, that I was stuck talking to the men!

I have others but I will leave them for you to list....Now go ahead and list what you hated!

• Warlock
    Warlock

I hated getting up early, but I actually enjoyed field service.

I liked talking to the people and the feeling after service. The only way I can describe it felt like a glow of happiness.

Warlock

• Clam
    Clam

I hated it all . . . . .

• dobbie
    dobbie

At least you found someone in - i never did! I hated the meeting beforehand cos you were expected to talk about what we were going to offer and nine times out of ten i hadn't bother to even look at the mags!I preferred doing other peoples RVs cos then i could just stand there and look like i knew what the other witness was talking about to the householder!

• rassillon
    rassillon

There were times when I liked service but what I hated the most was finding out that I was not fully equipped. I really hated finding out stuff I believed and was trying to teach was wrong. I HATE being wrong!

• reneeisorym
    reneeisorym

I hated finding Christians.. LOL

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

I hated return visits. In all my years in service I probably only did five true return visits. I also hated seeing someone I knew.

Every once in a while I would work with one of those really zealous witnesses. I would be so embarassed and unconfortable for the householder when they praddled on about the "truth."

• parakeet
    parakeet

The boredom, the heat, the cold, the dogs, the slammed doors, the drudgery, the futility.

• bernadette
    bernadette

hated the way the time seem to drag in first call work

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

Killing Saturday mornings. I loved Saturday mornings, because cartoons were on and I didn't have to go to school. I hated having my Saturday Mornings killed to go out in FS. A few times I made a deal with my mother that I would go on Sunday before/after the meeting (our meetings changed between morning and afternoon). Hey, if I was going to kill a Sunday with a meeting, might as well kill it good with FS thrown in there as well. What sucked is afterwards, I was spiritually bloated and there wasn't any time left to actually enjoy the day.

Then there were the Saturdays and Sundays. Those sucked too because of getting REALLY spiritually bloated. Those were the times where I felt like I was at the end of a whip. Eat, sleep, service. That's all it was, and it was sickening. But it was better than attending a friggin' District Convention all weekend.

The winter sucked ass too. My feet were always cold, and I'd exaggerate how bad it was to try and get out of service early, but it never worked.

And then all the people who tried to get me to do a presentation at the door. I wasn't a salesman and I knew it, so why did I have to be one? (This was one of my major doubts.) Fuck sales. I played the "shy" card to get out of doing a presentation, and let the other people do it. I didn't care if I was making them do all the work, I didn't want to be a damn salesman.

Sometimes, we'd end up in a cool car group where the driver would take his car in to get a noise looked at, stop for slurpees, do nothing but RVs, and of course stop for coffee. Those were the mornings where I didn't do shit, and enjoyed it. Oh yeah, and playing worldly music! Unfortunately, those mornings were rare.

Gee, I wonder why I don't remember much from my JW years. Maybe because is was so REPETITIVE. If you do the same crap over and over again, and listen to the same crap over and over again, there's nothing memorable about each experience because it's all the same! Service when I was 13 was the same as service when I was 16. I couldn't tell you anything about the magazines we were offering at one time because they're all the SAME. Even the coffee breaks were all the SAME. That's why I get confused when I run into a JW, and they ask me "remember all the good times we had out in service?" I don't remember any good times, just a lot of walking, magazines, donuts, hot chocolate, and wasted Saturday mornings.

I hated everything about FS. I'm glad I don't have to ever do it again. I must be in Paradise Erf since the preaching work has stopped :)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit