Lett briefly addresses the child abuse issues in new JW.org video

by Richard_I 50 Replies latest jw friends

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

Also, is Jehovah's hand so short it can't protect them from paying out millions in 'false' claims?

The stupidity of the average witness can't be overstated.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Notice when let says, "We reject outright such lies!" he averts his eyes. - 8:08"

This is a classic tell of a liar; they often cannot maintain eye contact at the very moment of their lies. Only the most sociopathic of liars can maintain eye contact when lying.

• 7Starz
    7Starz

If anybody takes action against someone who would threaten our young ones and takes action to protect our young ones, it's Jehovah's organization. We reject outright such lies."

What does he mean by this is Jehovah's Organization? His wording is very odd.

Does he mean it's okay to take action against someone who would threaten our young ones or takes action to protect them? He leaves his sentence unfinished and just says it's Jehovah's organization.

Very strange.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

If what Lett says is true why has the courts fined the WTS with huge multi million dollar law suits for their irresponsible behavior in protecting children ?

The courts of the land are not apostates !!!

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

How can anyone watching this idiot take him seriously? Just watching him makes my skin crawl.

Great post Pistoff.

I don't care what anyone thinks...this organization is VERY concerned about the pedophile cases. As they should be.

• truthseekeriam
    truthseekeriam

Can't begin to tell you how much this angers me!!

I clearly remember the last Circuit Assembly my husband and I attended before leaving. We both could have fell out of our seat when the speaker was up there saying that the media lies. This of course was in reference to the media coverage of a local ex elder being tried in court for molesting multiple victims.( one being ours ) We left that day and knew we could never go back.

What they are doing is Willful!! They are abusing victims over and over again by refusing to acknowledge the truth but instead call them liars. I truly can't even tell you what I feel they deserve, but it's not good.

• Magnum
    Magnum

OK, I swear I got to 1'18" and couldn't watch anymore; I never got to the part this thread is about. I probably shouldn't feel this way, but I was talking to myself using the "F" word expressing my extreme disgust for this man. He ain't normal. Maybe I'm wrong and shouldn't judge him just by what I'm seeing on this video, but he pisses me off. He's a nut job; he ought to be a member of Howard Stern's Wack Pack, right in there with Beetlejuice.

He really does seem like the epitome of a cult leader. As I've mentioned before on this site, he reminds me of Marshall Applewhite. Picture a low-budget movie about a cult leader in some futuristic, maybe dystopian, setting - one in which the people are sort of mind-controlled. Lett would be a perfect fit for the role of the leader - especially if they dressed him in Marshall Applewhite or Dr. Evil garb and broadcast his image on a giant screen. With that scenario in mind, watch the first minute of the video.

He's just not a normal, natural guy. Would an almighty god really pick this guy to represent him in such a high position? If JWs were relevant, Saturday Night Live could have a field day with Lett.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd
    Well I wonder why Losche didn't want to testify to these lies in court. I think that would of been far more appropriate.
  • wifibandit
  • Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower
    The Governing Body is in some serious denial, but what can you expect from a bunch of CEOs running this corporation based on the grandiose delusion that they are running God's Organization(wt corporation). Their minds are made up that they can do no wrong and they will never admit their flaws because they can't. They are the worst type of hypocrite.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit