It's official ! jw's don't SHUN

by KAYTEE 35 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• KAYTEE
    KAYTEE

Eduardo,

Thank you for your comments,

Tell me how can someone who’s been an elder for 30 yrs and a P.O. for 25 yrs, could not have read the watchtower magazines referred to by "fatfreek" in 1984 and 1995

Also he was under oath and in a court of law Rom 13.v1

You say its no big deal but surely in Gods eyes lying is detestable Rev 21v8

KT

• Oroborus21
    Oroborus21

kaytee,

actually it is quite possible to miss information and points. few Witnesses, even elders, really read everything and if they do they don't always mentally note or catch everything. So maybe the guy really does believe that the term is not used. And if he does believe that, it doesn't make him a liar, just ignorant or wrong.

and what i said or meant was not that his testimony was no big deal or whatever, but that his testimony has no consequence on organizational policy or JW belief. your thread title is all wrong in its premise and that's how it is no big deal and doesn't deserve your "It's official!..." headline.

-eduardo

• lfcviking
    lfcviking

I think its a strategy to keep you obedient to the WT society and active in the Org. Because all practising JW's know that if they stopped coming to the meetings or was DA'd they would be treated in this way (being shunned) which kinda scares you into staying. No one in the right mind would want to be treat like this and the GB know that thier followers know this so this is yet another fear tool that they use to keep you in the fold.

• Gerard
    Gerard

"loving lesson"

lol

Seriously! Not my words: Discipline that can Yield Peaceablle Fruit (eg: shunning): http://www.watchtower.org/e/19880415/article_01.htm

"Understandably, this may be difficult because of emotions and family ties, such as grandparents' love for their grandchildren. Yet, this is a test of loyalty to God,"
    "I am happy that Jehovah loves his people enough to see that his organization is kept clean."
    "A disassociated person can similarly request to become part of the congregation again. Thereafter he can be comforted by Christians who will confirm their love for him. [...] No discipline seems for the present to be joyous, but grievous; yet afterward to those who have been trained by it it yields peaceable fruit, namely, righteousness."

The problem with you all people is that you have a perception problem: They are not shunning you but giving you Love ™® .

• KAYTEE
    KAYTEE

eduardo,

My wife and I were DF not because we done anything wrong, but because .we asked questions about the jw's involvement with the UN, their blood policy etc. We are shunned. .

Please explain to me why we should be treated in this way.

Why do we need this "love" when up to the point of asking questions they already loved us for over thirty years?

Thread Title - It was a flippant title to grab attention, I suppose we should have put a question mark after the word SHUN

KT

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

Oh yeah, I've heard that one: "You abandoned us, you rejected our beliefs. It's you who is shunning us..."

I'm caring a lot less these days hey.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit