WHAT FATAL MISTAKES COULD GB MAKE?

by badboy 15 Replies latest jw friends

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

Mistakes are called mis-steps by the GB. They have already made a number of them. The one that will prove to be fatal is hiding the pedophile issue. Doctrines come and go, the pedophile issue 25,000. abuse victims will prove to be the one very costly fatal mistake. Legal will be their downfall financially, not doctrinal issues. Blood could cost them down the line someday, the pedophile issue will not go away.

Blueblades

• freetosee
    freetosee

OTWO,

2 elders: Brother OnTheWayOut, we want to know why you became inactive and skip many meetings.
    OTWO: It's to confuse Satan. He's stopped focusing on me, now I can reach people w/o his interference.
    Oops, I revealed my plan outloud, now I need to skip a bunch more meetings, so he thinks this
    is just a bluff.

LOL!

The reasoning that Jah confuses satan on purpos I have often heard being used by overseers. refference is made to the demons asking jesus about the abyss also gog of magog and the nose ring. but i cant think of any literatur. in the famos WT spech by writing dept. Ciro on 911 abalible online, he also makes mention of satan wanting to know Jahs plans, but not being able to atain the info. he makes fun of and speakes about satan as if he knows satan personally. I'll find the link for you if you dont have it, it is worth listening to, but not tonight...ciao

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

What is a fatal mistake the GB could make?

How about taking a short walk off of a tall building?

• yaddayadda
    yaddayadda

The only really fatal mistake would be if they ever changed any of their core doctrines to be more in line with orthodox Christendom, ie, if they decided to accept the trinity, or stated that the human soul is immortal after all, or that all Christians go to heaven. Their unorthodox central doctrines are the real glue that hold JW's together and spellbound to the GB. If the GB ever changed any of those it would be catastrophic, and the same thing would happen to the organisation as happened to Herbert Armstrong's religion after he died.

• Mulan
    Mulan

It is my opinion that if they ever change their views on whole blood transfusions, they would face a mass exodus.

Coming from a family who lost a beloved family member and her baby, to the "no blood" doctrine, it would hurt a lot to think they both died for nothing. I realize it's all crap, but for the remaining JW family members, I think it would be the last straw for them.

I know many others who are in the same situation, and are looked on somewhat as martyrs, for taking a strong stand on the blood issue. If that went away, they would flounder. Not to mention those who were disfellowshipped, and lost their families for taking blood.

Just my opinion.

• badboy
    badboy

THANKS EVERYONE FOR YOUR REPLIES!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit